Catan Universe Humor

• So, Catan Universe is getting a lot of flack, which I'm sure the developers were prepared for, and perhaps even expecting... After all, the game is still in development.

For one, I'd like to send out a big, 'Go, team!' The visuals are beautiful. The random game creation has opened the doors to new expansions that I, for one, am starting to love. I can only imagine how awesome it's going to be once it's up and running at full steam (Yes yes, with the modifications that we Catan fans are begging and pleading for repeatedly, incessantly).

Meanwhile, the bugs have gotta be giving everyone a good laugh on occasion, yes? Perhaps a small snort or giggle? Who doesn't love winning when your opponent's road is longer than yours but you've still got the longest road card? Or having a lovely conversation with folks from around the world while you hope the game will recover from a d/c? Or my personal favorite from today: losing to a tied game?

Alt text

We have a short time before all the bugs are fixed and long forgotten. Share guffaw moments! We didn't get those with PlayCatan; we had to make do with the singular frustration of trying to join games quickly enough at the start screen before they were already full.

(Development team: Please forgive a laugh or two at your expense! Please keep up the good work!)

• The visuals are not actually that good. Look at the 3D avatars. Just plain ugly. There was no need to make the board 3D. And the fact that you have to pick up the actual 3D model of the things you want to build is just too much. Why not just do it like PlayCatan did? 2D is enough.

• @Stroom Fully agree, only people who have never played a serious board game online on the computer or tablet would prefer to use 3D.
    Even if we would have a full agumented reality with head and eye tracking and haptic feedback we don't want a simulation of a "real world". We want improvements to the game to ease the game play and to speed up stuff.

• @AndgeFoxbot I smell an insider from USM posting this to please the licensor. Too convenient.

• @AndgeFoxbot Dear Andge, hang in there, I hear the rescue mission is headed your way. I hope your captors rot in robber hell for forcing you to post all that "roses and sunshine ha ha ha" rubbish about CatanUniverse.

Keep the Play Catan Faith, we'll get you away from those braindead Exozet Zombies.

xoxo

• @AndgeFoxbot I agree! I played one game and only roads and development cards were available, no settlements and no cities. I was determined to win via longest road and largest army, until I realized you still couldn't get 10 pts with just that and 2 settlements ;P ...but now that I think about it...how many victory point cards are there???

And really PlayCatan fans?! The time to save PlayCatan was when there was word the game would be ending, changing over, etc ... I understand that change is hard for you and that your expectations were high for Catan Universe after PlayCatan. Expressing your frustration after your initial experience is one thing, but dragging out all this negative dribble is really counterproductive. You all are in a stage of denial. I hate to tell you, but PlayCatan is dead...it's not coming back and CU will never be that (hopefully it will be better). Accept it and move on. I'm confident CU will reach your high standards after it has been completely developed.

Until then, you can be a part of making CU what you want it to be by informing them what bug issues you have and suggestions to make CU better (not bringing back PlayCatan) . And please remember CU is still being developed.

(Programming and game development take time and lots of editing and going back and forth...and often one fix and trigger another problem. In order to fix or change one thing there are probably a hundred things that have to precede such actions.)

• @Queen-Ofall
    The problem is not about PlayCatan being dead. It's about killing PlayCatan before Catan Universe was in an acceptable playable state. I would have been OK if I could play with people online in either platform but now I don't have that. AND there is no official statement about why we can't have PlayCatan back until CU is out of early access.
    And another thing that is really crappy is that they are making the players do software testing for them. This is just so cheap. I bet we can't even find all the bugs in the system this way. There will probably be some huge game breaking defect left after the early access is finished. The longest road calculating algorithm is still not fixed. Calculating VPs for a player and declaring a winner. I bet there are similar problems with some other things too. Hoping that all these things will emerge without a proper testing team is just bad. It shows how much we are being played by Catan licence owners, USM and Exozet.

• You know whats fun.

Sinds the announcement that Playcatan wil back at 18feb. Almost nobody post a message anymore in the English forums. LOL!

Lets make things better...........

• @TheSanderW we're no longer unhappy

• what is this screenshot from?
    i do have a complete different screen.
    and i played for the game in order to play it in steam

• @Queen-Ofall said:

... Expressing your frustration after your initial experience is one thing, but dragging out all this negative dribble is really counterproductive. You all are in a stage of denial. I hate to tell you, but PlayCatan is dead...it's not coming back and CU will never be that (hopefully it will be better). Accept it and move on.

Ahem, cough, it appears that our collective "Denial" has paid off. :)

offers QoF a slice of petard pie

WHEEEEEE PlayCatan scheduled to be opened Feb 18th!!!!

• @Sista Congrats!!! lol. crap pie is totally all in my face....

• @Queen-Ofall Yes, quite embarrassing indeed.