Klaus Teuber! Rescue us from Catan Universe!

• Dear Herr Teuber,
    Thank you for the outstanding game you've given us! I've spent more hours than I can count playing this game - less often in the physical board game version since I can't gather enough opponents. The Playcatan version was brilliant because of its simplicity. It turned an hourlong board game into a 20-30 minute 'quickie' (in all senses of the word!). It gave us opponents we didn't know - and so enabled us to play the game truly objectively! But now all that's gone. Instead, at CatanUniverse, we now have beautiful graphics and absolutely no game! Those who manage the business of Catan have no understanding of the Fun of Catan! Please help them understand your game!
    Give us back Playcatan!
    Thanks!

• the graphics aren't beautiful at all, on top of being completely unnecessary. i come from an artistic background and i tell you- it's unimaginative, distasteful and frankly disgracing for a designer to produce such a dull visual plan in 2016.
    who, i dare ask ,ordered to spend this volume of efforts on such a numb unproductive ugly design??
    it will take them months just downsize it to a playable state!
    stupid...

and as Ron White once said, "stupid is forever..."
    https://youtu.be/QDvQ77JP8nw

• Haha!
    Ok.. I agree. the graphics are distasteful. Just wanted to give the developers of CU some encouragement for their honest-intended efforts. (Although, there's a dolphin in the background of the initial screen that I found quite charming.).
    But the issue really isn't with the graphics.. it's with the gameplay. Clearly the new site has been designed by people who haven't spent much time playing the game online. They don't seem to understand what it is that has worked for them in the past.
    I've read posts from users who claim to have played thousands of games at playcatan over the last 4-6 years.. they'd rather not play catan online anymore than play it at CU. I hope the developers are taking notice.

• Btw, another user has created an online petition for the restoration of playcatan. I don't know how effectiv it will be, but You can sign it here: https://www.change.org/p/klaus-teuber-petition-to-keep-the-old-playcatan-www-playcatan-com-servers-active-forever?recruiter=469543118&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

• @lovecatan
    oh, my remark on graphic aesthetics was only a side-note. i do try not to repeat myself TOO often since i already cried out loud on several posts about the fluidity problems of the design...as did many many others... thought i might add my honest opinion on the aesthetic goal of it as well...

• @lovecatan
    of course, i claimed the 9th signature. :relaxed:

• :D I'm the 44th.. I really hope they get to a hundred. It's sad that although these problems have flagged by early users for over a month the developers haven't changed a thing.

• @lovecatan
    give it few more days. with the old site closed now. many more will find their way here to plea for a playable version... i was one of the first users to try early access. it took me 2 weeks to see how slow the progress really is. playcatan had a community of thousands... most of them haven't tried this version yet.

• @rutamtam said:

@lovecatan
    give it few more days. with the old site closed now. many more will find their way here to plea for a playable version... i was one of the first users to try early access. it took me 2 weeks to see how slow the progress really is. playcatan had a community of thousands... most of them haven't tried this version yet.

I got the impression that a lot of players didn't read the comment about Play Catan closing down and CU starting and just jumped into games. I would ask other players over the past couple of weeks if they had tried CU out yet and most didn't know what I was taking about, or didn't respond at all.

Please bring back Play Catan.

• agree fully with the name of this topic!!

• Well, after the hubby spent 2 hours upgrading my video card and synching up everything, I was finally about to actually play a game.

All I can say is YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING ME!~!~!!! I don't even know where to begin describing the horror....between the spastic audio and the board lurching around randomly I'm lucky I don't have siezures, and if that isn't bad enough the trade board keeps popping up, over and over and over, wanting me to trade cards I DON'T EVEN HAVE.

And what's with the in your face graphics that don't actually tell you who is offering the trade and even if it did, you can't see the board to determine if making the offered trade is going to f up your strategy....

I could go on but it just makes me sad, angry, crazy.....

I am willing to pay Mr. Tuber $50.00 to buy the single player game that I have been happily playing almost every day for well over a year. Please let me know how to get my old Play Catan back....cause Catan Universe is too terrible for words.

• Hey guys,

Consider the fact that the originators and administrators have gone though a likely enormous expense to give us a game that is, at least for now, free. I didn't pay for the old Catan game, but I probably should have, given the enjoyment that I received from it. I agree that the old game was pretty good compared to what the CU is now. It will take them time and input to get it where it should be.
    So, lets be respectful and kind to those who have worked hard to give us something we enjoy.

I like the graphics!

John

• I agree completely to this statement!!!! I want to have Play Catan back too!

• Please back to playcatan

• @jbmadison1 said:

Hey guys,

Consider the fact that the originators and administrators have gone though a likely enormous expense to give us a game that is, at least for now, free. I didn't pay for the old Catan game, but I probably should have, given the enjoyment that I received from it. I agree that the old game was pretty good compared to what the CU is now. It will take them time and input to get it where it should be.
    So, lets be respectful and kind to those who have worked hard to give us something we enjoy.

I like the graphics!

John

Anyone else think this is one of the admins posting under an alias?

If this is actually legit then I'm just shaking my head. "Respectful" would have been to keep PlayCatan online (with many people very clearly willing to pay for it) until we got a playable game.

• @loucap81
    the admin is just a guy they hired to calm spirits on forums and report back on bugs and such. no admin is that desperate to please... don't look for conspiracies that aren't there. probably just a newbie that hasn't been annoyed yet..