@administrators It's not like you say. I use auto-match and sometimes it is random, sometimes it is not. Why do you say it is when a lot of us posted about this issue on the forum in different threads? See update 20 feedback were myself and others asked for a timeline on fixing this issue and no answer from you, but here you are telling @Angelk that all is fine.
Posts made by inadad102
RE: Random Map
RE: Road not Recognized
Why do you say personal attacks? We don't know you, don't know your name(s), so how can it be personal?
Stroom is right.
Your answer is wrong and suggests that you do not know the way the game works. From what KitCloudKicker explained he should of taken the longest road.
RE: Feedback Update_20
Yes, with the scenario marked in yellow, in auto-match I am given the same map. I played some more games and sometimes it's random, sometimes it's the same map with the same options checked for both cases.
You have to fix this ASAP, not in a scheduled update that is 2 months away because it's basically bye bye users.
About the 60 seconds timer, even if I managed to not get kicked out, it adds a stress element to the game and forces rush decision making in the beginning and the later stages, 90 seconds or another system are needed.
My suggestion would be for you to focus on game-play and not on avatars and stuff like that. Catanians are not interested in them, I think.
- Better statistics both in-game and out are needed (Play Catan - use those)
- random maps should be randomized as it is in real-life, not with same numbers next to each other
- better trade options (take it from Play Catan - counter offers would spare a lot of time in-game)
PS: please give us a timeline for fixing the random map issue!
RE: Feedback Update_20
Come on guys are you serious? How did you manage to mess this up also, and so bad?
Ok, hallelujah, we got rid of the "quitter" issue, not a single quitter in 18 games so far so that is great .... but ... instead of fixing the random map issues, you just removed it entirely. I'm talking about the auto match, first island scenario selected ... so the basic game.
I feel like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow. I don't want to play the same map over and over again and I think the majority of players don't. This is worse than the quitters, there is no fun for me to play anymore.
How long will it take you to fix this?
RE: Players leaving games to avoid elo loss
You are in the wrong again and seem to live in a fairy tale where everything is green and everybody is happy and surounded by flowers. What the hell are you talking about? Let me be as clear as I can:
- The community is crooked ... so what do you propose? To change the whole human nature? If rules are not enforced, by adding an automatic penalty to quitters, no losing player has any interest to stay in that particular game.
- Again you put the blame on players, and you were telling before that you can report a quitter by going to the friends menu. Again you are wrong. In that menu you can find your list of friends and list of blocked people. If you want to report a quitter you can only do it by finishing the game against AI. At least in the ELO list, where you can actually find any player and going to his profile should be the option to block. Reporting should allways be in game so the gamechat gets attached to the report. So yes, the block/report option should be available when the damn quitter quits.
- Again you are talking nonsense. Of course CU is attracting more new/inexperienced players. What is the problem with that, actually it's great. More and more people around the world become Catan fans, playing with their friends, and want to do it online. Unfortunately since Play Catan registrations are closed, CU is the only option to do that. The bad thing about it is that they get to experience this crap, and if they are not extremely patient and zen, they might get to hate Catan.
If you compare it with Play Catan, I am telling you that there were quitter too, but at a much smaller scale, because of the penalties: a few minutes ban from entering another game, karma (star) loss .... which resulted in playing with other quitters combined with the block option actually working and the lobby for games not automatch.
- I block them like crazy, but still play against them because of the damn auto-match. If you go to custom match you will not be able to play a single game. To play games you must use the auto-match, and it does not care of your ban list.
- Stop lobbying for the developers of CU and placing the blame on the community, let them do their jobs.
If we would have another option, we wouldn't be here.
RE: Players leaving games to avoid elo loss
At this point I don't know overall how many games get to the end. My guess is that a small fraction of the games being played.
I find it hard not to quit myself when the only games that I finish are the ones I am loosing, because in the games that I should win someone quits, most of the times right before my wining move. For sure my ELO score does not reflect my skill under this conditions.
It is just unbelievable how this is allowed to happen and that after all this time there are still so many issues with Catan Universe ... it's embarrassing. Just take the guys that did Play Catan, give them a month to fix this mess or re-open registrations for Play Catan. This seems hopeless unfortunately.
RE: Game stuck on quitter
Why don't you mind your own business and stop being a stalker?
In my previous post, you were first to criticise everything I said, even going so far as to call me lazy regarding the quitters issue.
The administrator response was:
We are currently implementing automated punishments for leaver and staller (these implementations are rather complex and we need to test them in great detail to know they work properly).
So a time table has not been set, nowhere in that answer does it mention that it will be in the next release.
If I have to deal with quitters all day long and not be able to finish a single game because of this, I think it's ok to post about it, so the administrator really understand that every other issue pales in comparison to this one.
Anyway, this is the last time I an wasting my time with you. Get a life or something ... you have about 270 posts on this forum ...
Game stuck on quitter
Right now I'm stuck in a game. Me and another guy have 7 pts each, 3'rd player has 3 pts so he decides to ALT+F4 on us. Counter starts, runs out, but when it runs out it doesn't give the pop-up asking if we want to continue the game against AI. The quitter appears as if he is still in the game, but his turn doesn't end. So the quitter left, and we are now stuck. ALL HAIL THE QUITTERS!!!!!
@administrators DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE QUITTERS!!!! IT'S OUTRAGEOUS ALREADY ... come on!
PS: I closed Catan, re-entered the game and it's still stuck!
RE: Real answers from administrators needed
To report a quitter I have to finish that game playing against AI. Also I am deprived of gaining ELO points. Say what you want but the current system is crafted perfectly for quitters not for fair players. We can argue between ourselves for as long as we want, and get nothing out of it. This is why I want the administrators to answer those simple questions and suggestions.