Official announcements and important news
The Seafarers Season has just begun! Just go to the main menu and join the competition for special prizes and the second of the four crowns!
The Season is running until the 28th of April at 11:59 pm (CEST)! Don't forget to play at least five matches to be eligible for any rewards.
Good luck playing and have fun, everyone!
PS: In case the Season is not showing, try to log out and log back in!
Catan Universe Version 1.7.4: The Dragons are coming
We are excited to share with you that we are going to release two new massive special scenarios in Catan Universe on the 5th of June!
This release also resolves some ELO displaying issues for widescreen devices and provides general performance improvements.
Big changes ahead! In this post, we want to inform you what we are currently working on and how it will affect online play in Catan Universe.
Catan Universe has been growing a lot since its release in 2017 and we needed to create more efficient systems to balance the server load especially in times of high demand.
So our developers have been working for the past several weeks on a complete overhaul of the multiplayer systems of Catan Universe. We are talking about timer, stability, matchmaking, preventions of desyncs and so on.
We are confident these changes will lead to a significant boost of the online experience for all of our Catanians.
Once we started to rework the multiplayer systems we decided that we could add new and requested features from our community as well!
We will share the details of these changes on all our socials and in the game during the upcoming weeks!
We are aiming for a release of Catan Universe 1.8.0 during the next few weeks!
See you next time and have fund on the island!
Today we'd like to introduce you to the first of the major changes in the upcoming release of Catan Universe 1.8.0.
Starting with 1.8.0 Prestige Ranks will replace the ELO Number as the most important visible indicator for a player's skill level.
The leaderboard will get divided into 6 different Prestige Ranks starting from Bronze to Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and to top it all of Grandmaster!
In order to determine your initial Prestige Rank, we will take your ELO of the day of the update as well as 5 additional placement matches.
Our main goal with this change is to take the edge of if a single game goes badly.
we hope you've had a good start to your week!
Today we'd like to continue showing you the changes that will be made in Catan Universe 1.8.0!
We received a lot of feedback from guild members that said that the guild size was to restrictive and since Catan Universe is supposed to be a game that brings players together we didn't want to let this slide and also made some additional adjustments in that regard.
So, we've straight up doubled the size of the friends list, the block list as well as the number of members that one guild can have to 200!
We've also changed it so players can't whisper to other players that they are currently playing with anymore and we will continue to make changes to the chat system in the future to increase the enjoyment every single game in Catan Universe is bringing you!
The next change is the one you're actually seeing in the screenshots. With Catan Universe 1.8.0 you will be able to change the animation speed and the AI Speed in the settings of your single player games.
This should allow veteran players that already have a good grasp of the game to significantly speed up their single player experience while allowing newer players to reduce the speed of the game so it's easier for them to follow the flow of the game.
We hope that you'll enjoy these changes, thanks a lot for your feedback in advance and we'll see you on the island!
we are happy to announce that CATAN Universe 1.8.0 will release on Wednesday the 7th of August!
At 11 AM (MESZ) on the day of the release there will be a couple of hours of server down time and afterwards the game will be live.
Also here are all the changes and fixes that are coming with 1.8.0. It's worth reading them since a lot is going to change!
• Complete multiplayer backend overhaul
• New ‘ping player’ technology to minimize possible sync-issues
• New info in versus screen: Scenario Keyword + Victory Points
• Desktop version now shows a dice animation (similar to mobile)
• “Network Connection” overlay now includes a “Tap to reconnect” button beneath
• New robber overlay with additional info on who robbed you when a knight development card is played
• New Prestige Rank system added
• Leaderboards, win/lose screen and statistics now show the current Prestige Rank
• Live dice statistics during game sessions
New customization options for single-player games:
• AI speed
• Animation speed
• We’ve reset placement matches for all players. All Catanians have to play 5 placement matches again to reappear on the leader board. You’ll not lose your current points! This is to ensure the leader boards show only active players.
• Turn timer is now shown for all players, so you’ll see more details about your fellow players’ timers and you'll see your own turn timer while being in the trade screen on mobile.
• Enhanced the turn timer’s visibility.
• No more whispering between players in one session to ensure fair play.
Increased capacities for:
• Guilds - 200 members
• Friend list - 200 members
• Block list - 200 members
• Players whose usernames had been changed can now again be found on the leader board
• Enchanted Land will now end properly if one player defeated 6 Dragons
• Great Canal now has the correct scenario description
• Special Scenarios won´t load with faulty graphics on hexagons anymore
• All Progress Cards now work properly in Special Scenarios
• Fixed multiple low res graphical elements on newer iOS devices
Wednesday, October 30th is Patch day! Servers will go into maintenance at 11 am [CET]. The maintenance will take a few hours. Version 1.8.2 focusses once more on the server stability and reliability. After version 1.8.2 has been rolled out, please make sure to update your game as fast as possible.
We've made improvements to the browser version regarding connectivity. This includes some changes to timers when playing via a browser.
From now on, when playing via the browser, we advise you not to switch to another tab while in a game. If you switch to another tab, this will result in the disconnect timer getting triggered and subsequently you get disconnected from the game.
We are excited to announce the next official Season in Catan Universe which for the first time will be played out in the Cities & Knights expansion!
The Season is going to start on the 20th of December at 01:00 pm (GMT+1) and will last until the 7th of January at 11:00 AM (GMT+1)!
Participating in the Season will cost 5 Scrolls and of course, this will be the third entry in "The Emperor's Quest" which requires you to collect all four Season crowns in order to obtain the prestigious "Emperors Crown"!
Stay tuned for more information on the available prizes.
Have fun and we'll see you on the island!
Welcome new Catanians!
Due to the major influx of new Catanians over the weekend that nearly doubled our usual player count, our servers experienced some work balancing issues. Our team is working full speed on resolving issues and stabilizing our servers.
Thank you very much for your understanding and patience.
See you on the island.
Tomorrow July 22nd at 2pm servers will go in maintenance mode. We will use the maintenance to roll out update 2.0.1.
This update unfortunately does not include a fix for the issue iOS 12.X devices with 1 GB of Ram have. The fix for this particular issue is more complicated than anticipated. Our team is still working on a feasible solution that won´t impair the display quality on more modern devices.
Since we have been able to address quite some issues you have been reporting to us in the past weeks, we decided to release 2.0.1. See below the list of issues we addressed:
• (C&K) Warlord-Progress Card could be played without any effect
• (C&K) Fixed an issue, where the Crane could be used, without having any city on play
• (Special Scenarios – EnchantedLand) fixed Dragons strength value
• Improved Gamelog for Monopol-Card actions, when no player has the requested resource
• Fixed various issues, where players could/couldn’t see resource/commodity transactions between other players or discards to bank (Gamelog, flying cards, etc)
• City improvements could not be played, even though the player had the required commodity
• Fixed display of incorrect Elo values in the tool tip in the statistics end screen
• Fixed an issue where the players could not end the turn since the button wasn’t working
• Fixed an issue where a placed metropole was misplaced at the center of the tile
• Auto-zoom now disabled per default and can be activated in the in game menus
• Fixed issues with achievement progress
• (STEAM/Browser only) Added Developer/Progress Card overlay, when cards have been played
• (Mobile) Fixed an issue with layering cards and the resource bar
• (Mobile) Fixed various mobile UI issues (scaling/intersections...)
• (Mobile) Fixed an issue within leaderboards screen, where the expansion rankings could not be changed
• (Mobile) Fixed an issue, where the Prestige ranks haven´t been displayed correctly in the statistics screen
thank you very much for the feedback regarding our latest update. Our team is currently investigating the delay in matchmaking as well as sudden changes in Elo values.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.
our team has been able to make progress in regards to the matchmaking and the Elo display issues but we will need more time before being able to publish a fix for both of that.
These issues sadly only did arose on the “live servers” (the ones you are playing on) and not on our test servers. We will review how we can improve our test systems further to catch something like that earlier for future updates.
Thank you very much for your patience so far. We want everyone to be able to enjoy our new features and we continue to work hard to provide you the awaited fix.
our team made progress regarding the issues that can occur during matchmaking.
We are confident to be able to release a patch later this week. Please make sure to follow our announcements closely. We will let you know once the update is available for you.
The color selection of your game pieces will also get fixed along with other smaller bugs and issues.
our team applied a fix to our servers and database that will repair certain entries for accounts in our database that prevented them from finding matches.
This “auto-repair” will also fix the Elo display issue that was reported to us in the past few days.
All you need to do is start your game to resolve the above-mentioned issues.
If you still have issues, finding opponents, please
- Check the filter settings in your Automatch menu screen. Depending on your device, you might need to scroll down to see them all.
- Note that we will soon release Update 2.2.1 with further improvements on the matchmaking system
Thank you all very much for your feedback and patience during the past days.