Why is the AI so bad???

• My wife and I play together and we love the game; The mechanics are decent enough. BUT!!!! Two things:

1. We are forced to play with an AI. The two of us cannot play together and add a random real player unless we are friends with them. Why can't we just get matched on multiplayer with a real person? I have begun friend requesting every good player to build up enough so that I can get lucky and see someone online to join our game. No success yet.

2. WHY THE HECK ARE THE AI PLAYERS SO BAD!!!! One built their initial road right into 2 other players' roads to make a 3 way intersection!! Another AI once had 43 cards!!!!! They make a bunch of trades only to pass but still be holding 12 or more cards! It makes for a crappy game because they don't do anything close to what they should when playing.

THE AI NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!
    AND
    ALLOW A PAIR OF PLAYERS TO ADD A RANDOM REAL THIRD PLAYER (not an AI or a friend)

Please and thankyou.

• Plus one on all of these points! The AI is luggable terrible, even when using “Master” players.

In addition to all the ridiculous behavior noted above, my wife and I have noticed a few occasions where once the AI decides who they are going to “pick on” with the robber, etc, they rarely change their minds, even after significant lead changes, and will continue to rob from the same player for the whole game.