One of the main reasons why players are quitting Catan Universe

• So you just finished work, got home and want to decompress with some Catan. You start a game and fall on a player that waits every turn the until the last second to play, on purpose, just because someone stole a resource from him. After one hour of playing (mostly waiting and looking at the screen), he does the freeze game trick and you get kicked out. The whole experience ends up as a disaster: time wasted and game unfinished.

Something needs to be done to avoid these situations. I am officially quitting Catan Universe for this reason as they are too common for confort. I am sure that many have already quit because of it.

Here is an example of a game played with player called players pico_de_gallo. As soon as he got robbed, he started slow playing. He even admitted it in the chat. One hour or so later, he said that he will freeze the game and what do you know, the next turn he did! This is ridiculous.

See parts of discussion here (https://ibb.co/G3Pshkf) for when he confesses. Please have him banned.

I keep reporting players like this but I never get any follow-up, confirmations, or any update that anything was done. It's like if the complaints are shredded as soon as they are received.

Best regards,
    Aco3

• 100% true.. this same person came in game just now ended a few seconds before. Did the same thing.. Use of foul language; intimidating tricks. Should definitely ban this player from the game.

• Hi there,
    I would like to draw your attention to a 'similar' problem. I have the experience that I get kicked out of the game for no reason at all (something pops up telling me that I have no internet connection while my internet connection is working just fine). This seriously annoys me, for most of the reasons you mention (waste of time etc.). Is it so difficult for the game developers to fix this bug?
    All the best,
    Menno Grootveld
    Amsterdam

• @rabotnik I had a similar issue but very rarely. If I remember correctly reloading the game fixed the issue (i.e. writing "/reload" in the game chat). Give it a shot!
    Cheers,

• Player "východ ide" is abusing the infinite timer, in an attempt to make the other players quit. I filmed 15 minutes of this https://youtu.be/pATRYgp6Abw but then I got bored to film more and I was hoping they stop. However, the behavior is still going on (it's been more than one hour and a half already and it just keeps on going).

Please ban the player. Or even better, PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE... The fact that they can do this without consequences is annoying and it's deterring honest players from continuing to play your game. I shouldn't have to lose karma because of such assholes. THEY should be losing karma for doing this. Please fix it.

• @milcatan said:

100% true.. this same person came in game just now ended a few seconds before. Did the same thing.. Use of foul language; intimidating tricks. Should definitely ban this player from the game.

@administrators : any update on this report?

• @Aco3 said:

So you just finished work, got home and want to decompress with some Catan. You start a game and fall on a player that waits every turn the until the last second to play, on purpose, just because someone stole a resource from him. After one hour of playing (mostly waiting and looking at the screen), he does the freeze game trick and you get kicked out. The whole experience ends up as a disaster: time wasted and game unfinished.

Something needs to be done to avoid these situations. I am officially quitting Catan Universe for this reason as they are too common for confort. I am sure that many have already quit because of it.

Here is an example of a game played with player called players pico_de_gallo. As soon as he got robbed, he started slow playing. He even admitted it in the chat. One hour or so later, he said that he will freeze the game and what do you know, the next turn he did! This is ridiculous.

See parts of discussion here (https://ibb.co/G3Pshkf) for when he confesses. Please have him banned.

I keep reporting players like this but I never get any follow-up, confirmations, or any update that anything was done. It's like if the complaints are shredded as soon as they are received.

Best regards,
    Aco3

@administrators : @Moderators And this?

• @milcatan No update. I just switched to https://colonist.io/ to play Catan until the devs implement a solution. The graphics are much better with Catan Universe than at Colonist but once you play one game you quickly forget about the nice graphics and just enjoy the better defined gameplay.

• This post is deleted!