On what basis are players on same Victory Points ranked at end of a game?

• Hi Friends, new to catan here. In the base game (10 VPs), while the one who gets 10 VPs is ranked 1, how do the other players with same VPs (say 8 each) get ranked. Is thw tie breaker based on who had longest road or largest army etc.

Also we see some "star" next to the player names in the scorecard after the game. What do they imply. Any inputs would be helpful please. Thanks.

• Although they appear to you as ranked, the order is different on every players screen.

I had a three-way tie for second place the other day in a game with friends, with the exact situation you mentioned. On my screen, the animation first said that I finished in 2nd place, and then showed me listed as 2nd with the two other with 8 points listed in 3rd and 4th.

However, both of the players with 8 points witnessed the same thing... an animation stating they achieved 2nd place, and then a ranked order with them in 2nd, and me and the other player in 3rd and 4th.

So, to answer your question, the game seems to display tied players randomly, putting you as ahead of the others on your display only, and not factoring in any tie breakers.

• Thank you for your comments. But in the games I referring to, the rank order listed after the game is displayed as the same for all the tied players in their respective screens. Wondering on what basis they get listed.