Recent bugs with catan universe 2.0

• While playing catan universe, I discovered 2 problems. The first one can be somewhat ignored but can be fixed. On iPads, the dice statistics tracking screen is cut off after the 8. That is annoying.

On July 12th I noticed a much bigger problem. While playing a 3 player game where one of the players became converted to an AI, I noticed that I could not convert any of my cities to a metropolis in a particular area of progress although I was the first player to reach it. I had 4 cities at the time.

I also could no longer add a wall to my 4th city but maybe there are limits to how many walls you can build.

In addition to not being able to achieve a metropolis, I could no longer progress any city to any level!

That pretty much cost me the game and made me pile up tons of commodity resources in my hand.

What the heck?

By the way, I do not really see a great place to officially report bugs. This is why I am posting here.

One interesting to note is in this particular game I played, the AI actually did some really intelligent things when it game to blocking and preventing other players from achieving defender of catan status. Of course it could have just as easily been dubbed dirty rotten cheating. 😜

• I’m not a rules expert, but I believe the Cities & Knights only allow fora max of 3 walls. It’s on page 2 or 3 of the rules.

• administrators

@Rico80

This is correct, a maximum of 3 city walls can be built in Cities & Knights games per player.

• administrators

@imackintouch

Thanks for your report!

REgarding the issues mentioned:

City walls: Just replied separately in this thread.

Statistics issue on iPad: Fix currently in internal testing, will be included in the next update.

City improvements: We've identified this issue as a UI bug that affects the city improvements UI when you built your 4th city. You should still be able to make city improvements via the tableau on the game board when this happens. You might need to zoom out to fully see it depending on your device and camera settings. A fix for this is already in internal testing as well.

• Just wanted to second Rico80's report on not being able to obtain metropolis on board (had 4 cities up).

Thanks for letting us know of the workaround in the meantime.