Overhaul feedback

• WHY WHY WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT??? It was fine. It was great!! Now it’s slow, it’s annoying and all the stupid animation stuff is totally unnecessary. PLEASE make the old version available again.

• @Stone-Age For me the speed has improved after the update. I play on computer via steam. I read a lot of iphone players have trouble. What do you use to play?

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

@Stone-Age For me the speed has improved after the update. I play on computer via steam. I read a lot of iphone players have trouble. What do you use to play?

It is not about the speed of the animation, but the speed of an entire game BECAUSE of the new added animations. I also play on steam and overall a game takes longer...

• @P3tra I wonder why my experience is so different. All I read is people being really frustrated with the lack of speed,:snail: bugs, :bug: crashes :boom: and freezes.:snowflake:
    But for me it was the first time since Play Catan the game ran smoothly. :relieved: Of course I disabled the camera :camera: zoom effect right at the start, because it makes me seasick. :dizzy: :dizzy_face:
    Am I just lucky, I wonder? Or is there a technical reason for this we can use to fix :wrench: this problem for others as well?

• Agreed!! I just quit a game because the zooming in and out was making me feel like I’m going to throw up. I don’t need to zoom into the board to understand what’s going on. It actually ruins my focus of attention and strategy. Also the dice statistics is so overly zoomed in you can’t see them. You didn’t fix the glitchy part of the game board orientation. If the game board is oriented in a horizontal landscape it’s almost impossible to fix it. These updates are terrible.

If you really want to make meaningful updates, please add some new game boards to the free match. It’s always the same board. That would’ve been a welcome change. Please discourage the computer AI players from making so many trades. Plus they make a trade then you’ll except the trade then they rejected and move on and make another trade. It makes no sense. Why don’t you fix some of the problems that people actually want fixed instead of adding these ridiculous graphics and ruining the game.

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

@P3tra I wonder why my experience is so different. All I read is people being really frustrated with the lack of speed,:snail: bugs, :bug: crashes :boom: and freezes.:snowflake:
    But for me it was the first time since Play Catan the game ran smoothly. :relieved: Of course I disabled the camera :camera: zoom effect right at the start, because it makes me seasick. :dizzy: :dizzy_face:
    Am I just lucky, I wonder? Or is there a technical reason for this we can use to fix :wrench: this problem for others as well?

It is obvious, you have no problem if the game has a doubled duration, that's all :).

• @P3tra exactly!

• @P3tra No, 2.0 runs faster on my computer! But I seem to be the only one.
    Haven´t read a single positive review yet. Everyone else seems to be having an awful lot of trouble after the update.
    (I played with one player today who took suspiciously long for each move. Maybe because for him everything slowed down.) I keep pondering this question.
    I will describe my settings:

• dice animation turned off
    • zoom effect (camera) turned off
    • animation speed set on fastest

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

@P3tra No, 2.0 runs faster on my computer! But I seem to be the only one.
    Haven´t read a single positive review yet. Everyone else seems to be having an awful lot of trouble after the update.
    (I played with one player today who took suspiciously long for each move. Maybe because for him everything slowed down.) I keep pondering this question.
    I will describe my settings:

• dice animation turned off
    • zoom effect (camera) turned off
    • animation speed set on fastest

We have the same settings, but the answer is simply, apparently on your computer the old version was running slower then normal and obviously, you have other term of comparison then the rest of us. The previous version had less animation (with about the same duration as the actual ones), which made the game (by logical reasoning) faster. What we are saying in our feedback (except the problems on the phone platform) is not technical, but based on the higher number of the useless animations (each one with the same duration as the old ones, but more).

• @P3tra I read someone had an animation of a questionmark, and I dont have that. I don´t see a lot additional animation. After the update, I can play much faster. I haven´t tried base game yet, only Cityand Knights/Seafarers combination as multiplayer and Duells insingle player mode.

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

@P3tra I read someone had an animation of a questionmark, and I dont have that. I don´t see a lot additional animation. After the update, I can play much faster. I haven´t tried base game yet, only Cityand Knights/Seafarers combination as multiplayer and Duells insingle player mode.

I read that too, but have no idea. It is possible that the sign appears by the players who still have not disabled everything they could. Regarding the duration, maybe you don't watch the hole thing overall. Before the update I was normally playing games with duration of 15-20 minutes (most of them) and a little part 30-40. Now, the fastest has 30-40 minutes.... if not 40-50 minutes... (don't have to mention the slower ones). Maybe you are not used to fast games and don't see the difference, but believe me, for those of us who finally have found a way to play fast since CU, everything came back to the beginning...

• My primary wish for the new version is the ability to disable emojis for AI players.

It may sound trivial but I do not need the computer pointing at it's watch or giving me the "what's going on?" shrug if I am taking too long. If I am playing single player version -- it is likely to avoid that stress/crap.

• @P3tra Oh, I do believe you. Besides, everbody else seems to be experiencing the same problems as you do.
    And no, I am not used to fast games, because for me, everything used to go soooo sloooowly before 2.0.
    And when I tried to speed up, and click to fast, it would hang itself up.
    So I constantly got complaints about speed. Or rather, the lack of it.
    Now I can play much faster, but my fellow players take much longer than before. So the games are not faster, but my playing finally is.

• I mainly player single player games, though enjoy a good tournament too every now and then. My main thing is that there are now pauses and delays when wanting to play fast. Despite the ‘taste’ issue (I can’t stand the new cartoon style, so cheesy and not the classy version we had before) I’ve never had any problems with speed. I play on iPad mostly and it’s been great. For the first time I now have the occasional glitch. But it’s just Such a shame they had to mess with it so much. Admin peeps - sorry, I’m sure you guys put a lot of effort into the update and everyone hates it!! But, maybe some questions before you did the update about what the payers want would’ve been good. Any chance we can revert to the old style please?!! 🙏🙏🙏

• @P3tra agreed, the games already take too long a lot of the time and all these fancy animations just add to it.

• This post is deleted!