Catan Universe 2.0.0

• This game was one of the only things that brought me joy during this pandemic while stuck in the house all day.... until NOW. It's brought so much anger and frustration!! I can't even log on with my computer, I have to use my iPad... which has a way worse interface than the computer. Aside from that, all the awesome parts of the old version are gone! I like to see my cards, not just a bunch of numbers. I don't need animations that just make me nauseated. I like knowing who's turn it is by looking at their color emblem below the dice. I don't need emojies!! Ugh. Can we petition to bring the old version back!?!

• I really don't like new "features" with no description. Can someone please post a COMPLETE description of "suns"? I have one running (counting down) and I have no idea why or what it does. Have I wasted the money I spent to unlock versions?

• @Manwithwood said:

Can we petition to bring the old version back!?!

We tried doing it with PlayCatan. And numerous other features. They never listen to players if it takes too much effort to fix things.

• This post is deleted!

• Please just bring the old version back. I’m
    not playing again with this awful new version full of slow, unnecessary animations. It just makes for a really unsatisfying game. The old version was so good!

• Does anybody know how we can go back to the previous version? I hate this new version. Animation is annoying, overall control is more complicate, design is horrible as well...

• Is there another site to play Catan?

If they won't at least bring the chat option back I'm done. Talking to players while playing is part of the game!

• @Administrator

Dear Admin,

You are not listening to your customers. I’ve played 30+ games on the new UI to give it a real chance w me. The experience has changed for the worse.

Please listen to the sincere a consistent and numerous input.

The slow but flashy animation is just terrible. It’s okay. It didn’t work for people. That happens.

Now you can take the feedback and make changes.

Please do so.

• I haven’t updated the 2.0 version yet, but it sounds like a bad update. The game is simple, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out how to play and what’s going on. To be honest every time you make an update it screws up the game with more bugs than before. You are trying to gain more income from new players while discarding old players that have already purchased the game. Your marketing strategy sucks and will evidently drive away players.

The game should be a fast pace. And players need to know what trades are happening. Whether it’s between players or to the bank. Counting cards is strategy and skill. It deferentiate good and bad players and also players don’t have to always rely on the dice rolls.

• Your version 2.0 is a total mistake.
    I can’t plat anymore.
    On My iPad mini 2,
    with the new version when I place my first colony at the beginning of the game the apps crash.
    Can’t do anything.
    I’m eject of the game, and by the time I reenter the game the time is past and I’ve been replace boy a robot.
    Really your update is a flop.

• That is absolutely the worst version of Catan so far.

I've logged in to this forum with hopes to find an announcement that the old version will come back. Instead - from the Administrator's posts now I realize the goal of this update was simply to drive us old players away, to make room for newbies who will play new money.

Maybe that will work for a short time, but not forever. The ratings will go down and no one will buy this game.

Btw, I would have subscribed for a monthly pay of $2-4 for a simple game (as in the old version) with bugs fixed.

Anyways, I was an addict, so thank you CatanUniverse for making me stop playing. You just gave me the trigger I needed.

Cya in another life (or rolled-back update)

• @MGB-Grampa If you own the game and are a registered player, you can still use chat.
    You just have to click on the chat window icon. :speech_balloon:
    I am glad I can close the chat window now when I want to, because it often blocks my view on the board.

• @Administrator I’m just wondering if you can help though. I play on an iPad but since the new update the game keeps crashing. Are you able to give me some assistance to get it going again? I love the game and am really missing it. Or is there a way I can go back to the old version?

• administrators

@Hellywelly said:

@Administrator I’m just wondering if you can help though. I play on an iPad but since the new update the game keeps crashing. Are you able to give me some assistance to get it going again? I love the game and am really missing it. Or is there a way I can go back to the old version?

Are you by chance on an iPad Air 1 or iPad Mini 2 running iOS 12? Regrettably, there's an issue with these specific device/OS combination. The team is investigating what can be done about this, but regrettably, this is a complicated issue. If you have any other device, you'll be able to use your CU account there as well in the meantime.