5x5
    6x6
    7x7
    7x8
    5x9
    6x10
    10x11
    0x12

The winner of the game is the player who has built his city at the very beginning at what number? Well, can you guess?
    Such a game is infinitely boring. But as I have been assured several times from the administrative side, this is of course only an outlier in the otherwise flawless statistics. You could laugh yourself to death when you hear such nonsense ...

• This game becomes totally unplayable... I’ve made screenshots during several games of dice profile and player positions on the board. All those games have a dice profile that favours one player, that -of course- wins that game. Why?? Why try to even out the game (which the dice rolls don’t effectively)? Why not let players compete with unrigged dices with opponents with the same ELO level?

• @SliceNDice The card stack option does help with evening out distribution to a degree (as it should), but the rolls-follow-the-robber problem is even more common with card stack turned on.

Between the follow-the-robber, AI players stealing from the last-place human player instead of the far-ahead AI leader, AI players TRADING with the far-ahead AI leader whilst shunning the same trades from the last-place human player... this game has serious design flaws.

• @Hetwoordtrop Hey, not defending the post at all but the two things I "think" he is saying is that there is a "catch up" algorithm that is on many App Store reviews and is very, very obvious. So, that does exist and is frustrating. The other issue is that the card stack standard distribution is way, way off from the description and consequently, someone counting on say a 6 wood or brick to build roads and settlements and gets no six for say 30 rolls starts off in a serious deficit. My thoughts anyway. By the way, based upon the card stack mode description, the game I just played... 4 sixes in 62 dice rolls could not happen. But... it did.

• The dice rolls are becoming more and more ridiculous! I am a software developer for the past 18 years and a random generator is one of the simplest tasks in every languages I know.
    @Developers You can't tell me that there is no logic behind the dice rolls and that there is a true random generator in place.
    At the beginning (after the first dice round) of each and every game, i write down who will be the winner. In 98% of the time, I am right. It is so disappointing to see this awesome game going places which it should not be.
    I hope that you are really interested in the great community and do something about the critics and this serious issue.

• This post is deleted!

• @rollbond said:

The dice rolls are becoming more and more ridiculous! I am a software developer for the past 18 years and a random generator is one of the simplest tasks in every languages I know.
    @Developers You can't tell me that there is no logic behind the dice rolls and that there is a true random generator in place.
    At the beginning (after the first dice round) of each and every game, i write down who will be the winner. In 98% of the time, I am right. It is so disappointing to see this awesome game going places which it should not be.
    I hope that you are really interested in the great community and do something about the critics and this serious issue.

This is complete nonsense. I really find it hard to believe that you are an actual software developer.

Please write down your algorithm to determine the winner, and let a third party test it, say, a hundred times - then you will be able to test your theory.

• @AllenInSLC said:

@AllenInSLC Notice how no administrators respond to this? Simply because it is all true. They know they have a bogus algorithm and especially their "try to even things up" 7 roll algorithm and there is nothing really that can be said to defend it. I did see an administrator post a comment on the 7 algorithm when I first joined that basically seemed to indicate that it is indeed written to help those behind (which has a negative long term repercussion they didn't anticipate or test enough to experience) but I can't find the post any longer. It may have been removed because so many people have complained and they don't want to change the algorithm.

The developer have already answered in this thread: https://forum.catanuniverse.com/topic/7996/the-dice-are-not-random/2

They stated that the dice are not rigged.
    The people complaining - yourself included - lack basic understanding of statistics; none of the "evidence" posted in this thread constitutes proof, and it is merely a rehash of Gambler's_fallacy and Confirmation Bias.

Please stop spreading false rumours.

• My family and I were playing 'Enchanted Land' the other night and there were hardly any sixes or nines! There weren't very many sevens either, though there were five sevens in a row! The thing is, we were playing in real life - not online. I know it is awful when the dice are against you, but it's important to remember that the dice have no memory - each roll is independent.

• When you can predict the next number to be rolled 90% of the time, the game is rigged.

Truly randomize the dice.

• @Doc-B. said:

When you can predict the next number to be rolled 90% of the time, the game is rigged.

Truly randomize the dice.

Please describe your magical fantastic algorithm that lets you predict the next number, then apply it verbatim a statistically significant number of times and come back.

Until then, please stop making empty claims.