If I purchase the game can I play with more than 3 friends even if they're free?

• If I purchase the game can I play with more than 3 friends even if they're on free accounts?

• I am also interested in this. I have been searching the web site for friend/purchase restrictions without much success. I don't want to ask friends to play only for them to have to pay or not be able to play. I am hoping that my paying will allow my friends to play with me from their free accounts.

• I have the same question, I used to play games with 4 players, but now I can only play with 3.

• administrators

@winstorm @unpeaton @Shelkyn

You can go about it in 3 ways:

1. all of you have purchased the expansion via Catan Gold -> unlimited play time
    2. all of you have unlocked it via a Scroll -> limited play time
    3. a combination of scrolls and bought expansions

• That is really lame. Every other board game website allows a paying user to invite free friends, except this one. Pathetic.

• If I am reading this right, If I purchase the online game and want to setup a 6 player game with my friends it won't work unless they purchase too?

• @econstas
    No, 6 Player Games are not possible in Catan Universe, :crying_cat_face: even if all players buy :money_with_wings: the game. The maximum number of players is 4.:exclamation:
    A lot of Catan fans have been rooting for the multiplayer game we had on PlayCatan, :pray: but you see how many technical :wrench: problems Catan Universe :construction: needs to solve first, before they can start even dreaming :construction_worker: :thought_balloon: about that.

• @Rumpelstilzchen Bummer. We were planning to do a couples online catan game. Guess we will do one player per couple. Thanks for the help that was our 2nd option if 6 players didn't work.

• I have the same question. I bought Catan, and invited 3 friends (with a free version). I thought it would be enough that one of us had the paid version. But it turned out we could only play with 3 of us, and friend number 4 had to 'go home'.

If you want to play with 4 persons, does EVERYBODY need to have the paid version?

• @Administrator said:

@winstorm @unpeaton @Shelkyn

You can go about it in 3 ways:

1. all of you have purchased the expansion via Catan Gold -> unlimited play time
    2. all of you have unlocked it via a Scroll -> limited play time
    3. a combination of scrolls and bought expansions

This is crazy, you guys are out of your minds. Lower the greed rng :broken_heart:

• I and 3 other friends all purchased the expansion via Catan Gold (we have the paypal receipts and checked all of their accounts to verify that they did in fact purchase the Catan Gold expansion. We set up a custom game, and it started fine. After about 5 minutes (maybe more, maybe less), the kicktimer appeared on just one user's account. After about a few more minutes they were kicked out and replaced with an AI. They could not rejoin the game.

This was extremely frustrating for everyone involved in the game. Many messages say that the kicktimer has bugs in it. Everyone was playing using the browser interface.

What do we need to do to either get all of our money back or get this fixed so we don't experience it again?