Cheating

• Is there a way to cheat in Catan? Feels like when one player keeps getting the exact rolls they need and the other players (who have resources on 6s, 8s, 5s, and 9s) get no resources. Just seems odd because this has happened to me multiple times lately.

• @vartivar Your observation, that the dice statistics :bar_chart: are unbalanced , is shared by many.
    But admin insists that it is not:exclamation:
    My personal experience: I feel the dice are either ridiculously lucky, or totally unlucky for me. So I do not believe there is some malicious :japanese_goblin: intent behind it, but a weird programming for :game_die: randomization.

• There IS a way to cheat, and I have run into it once that I am aware of. It is possible for one player to play or run two different online "players" in Catan. They coordinate "play" and trades between the two different IDs in order for one of them to win.

In my case, I was in a four-person game and two of the players had names that were quite similar to each other. It took me a while to realize it, but their trades started to look weird. Like, "player one" would trade four bricks for one sheep, and a roll or two later "player two" would trade the four bricks back to the first player, who would then use them to build something.

After this happened a couple of times, I put 2+2 together and called it out in chat. The other (non cheating) player and I left the game. Reported and blocked them both before doing so.

This probably doesn't happen SUPER often, but it obviously does happen so do look out for it!

• Omg the same happened to me last night. I was in a 3 person game and the other two players kept trading amongst themselves. Actually one of them kept giving everything to the other to make him win and they kept blocking my resources. It was super annoying