I would be happy paying up to $10/month to bring back playcatan.com. Would you?

• If the issue is money, I'd personally be OK paying $10/month for the old playcatan.com. Are there many other people feeling the same? Maybe this could motivate them to bring it back?

• me too. I don't know why it was shut don but i'm willing to pay just to play the basic catan.

• I dont't know why they had to shut down playcatan.com, and I would love to see it back online. At least until this s**t runs smoothly.

• Oh yea. I'd say 5€ is a good deal for a month pass for just playing one version with the old settings available. If you want more versions of Catan you can upgrade. Also there is a deal of a year pass for 25€ all inclusive I'd suggest. A year pass would also make a good Chrismas or birthday gift :)

To get people hooked plus give them a taste of Catan they can give out 2-3 default maps of the original game which can be played for free. People who want to play more just have to get a paid account then. Or they could also limit the games played per day for free accounts. Just one game a day for free otherwise you need a pay account.

• yes, agreed, would pay for PlayCatan back

• I wouldn't pay a dime. Ads revenue.

• @roadwolf123 said:

I wouldn't pay a dime. Ads revenue.

i agree, can someone please explain to me why should we suddenly pay something that worked just fine with no charge and for quite some time? did the server charges go up or what? real catan board game is not very cheap, i guess they earn some money from it and playcatan was a good ad for the real board game!bought one for my cousin. me and my friends made our own catan :) now playing it more than ever, since there is no playcatan :(

• becauce we play the paid version..........

Lets make things better...........

• agree, bring back the old one

• Don't know how you all played for free. I had a paid account. I was happy to pay every six months for premium membership with all access to seafarers and cities and knights. It was worth every penny. Maybe if more of you had done so playcatan.com would have survived

• @00SunTzu said:

Don't know how you all played for free. I had a paid account. I was happy to pay every six months for premium membership with all access to seafarers and cities and knights. It was worth every penny. Maybe if more of you had done so playcatan.com would have survived

I also had a paid account...it was a pittance and I would gladly pay the proposed $10 a month to continue Play Catan....and would JUMP and the chance to pay $25 for a year! And all I play is single player which should be a heck of a lot easier to host than a multiplayer site.

• yes, PLEASE !!! This is a nightmare !!! I pay double the old price for the old good and rather stabile Catan ... they are killing this game with this crap

• @00SunTzu

I agree with you. As you know I also payed for premium on the old playcatan.com server and was a long time member. I was happy to pay for that service.

It seems like this attempted change to the new "catan universe" is to make it more accessible and monetize Catan for tablets and other tech.

I like many others here hope the decision to close playcatan.com is reconsidered but I'm guessing that the developers have already sunk too much time and money into Catan Universe to simply abandon it.

• Personally you've got to remember that the game is in early beta, Its shocking at the moment, no lie. But if they are planning on making this the main online Catan they'll work with the community to make it work.

I agree that Play Catan should be restored until the Beta is done however, silly decision.

• yes. for sure! definitely will do that! I am willing to pay more.

• Yes, no problem in paying that or more for the old game. For the new one I dont think its worth paying anything.