Dice needs to be fixed. Rigged for one number over and over again.

• The dice needs to be changed. Whatever algorithm you have for it SUCKS. There is no way in a normal game does a "6" get rolled five times the same way in a row. Highly unlikely. I have noticed this with other numbers as well. Seriously needs to be changed. Ruins the game.

• I have noticed the same, if in the start of game some numbers gets rolled more often - it will continue for the rest of the game.
    So this Random generator algorythm chases specific numbers for each game. I almost never see a pyramid of rolls.

You can say it is random and you need many rolls to get a pyramid, ok so please add an option to see all of my rolls combined of all Catan games.

So if the algorythm is working well we should see a Pyramid there

• @Mashyyy @M4RC15 @Developers @administrators I can confirm this observation. :ballot_box_with_check: In the last month, it seemed as if every other game was plagued with these extremely unlikely :game_die: dice series. The number changes, but the phenomenon appears sometimes several times in one game. (e.g. 9 rolls 5x, then 12 rolls 2x, then 8 rolls 3x) The dice just keeps repeating itself. This is especially funny when a number with very low probability is picked, like 2, 3, or 11, or 12. What are the odds for a number like to rolls several times in a row? Yet it happens a lot. Espescially at Cities and Knights, this can totally unbalance a game.

• I can concur and I think this is part of a larger algorhythm scheme. Ive seen so many games where new players pick REALLY bad numbers but then end up winning or almost winning because of the Dice algorhythm. Even yesterday a player with <1000 ELO picked 3/4/6 & 3/4/11 without any wheat or sheep and no port, lost his city on the first robber, and still ended up winning because 3/4/11 kept rolling over and over and over again: 9x3 9x4 12x11(!!!) with hardly any 6 or 8. I even made a screenshot of the dice outcome because it was as unlikely as winning the lottery.

Almost every time I see this happen, its a <1000 ELO player getting lucky.
    In my opinion the dice are rigged in favour of new players to give them a fun time when learning, which ends up in more (paying) users for them.
    This wouldn't be such a problem for me if there would be enough high ELO players to play against regularly, but in C&K for example, this rarely is the case.
    Most of the time youre matched up against low ELO players, if you're not unlucky you end up winning and gain +3 elo, but lots of times a newb gets lucky and you lose 10-12..

I also see other patterns in dice and game that for me takes out all the fun, cause its clear very little is random.
    If you end up without ore in a game for example, you can bet on it that you will recieve a mining card. No wheat? You'll get irrigation like crazy :)
    If you get a spy, most times, another (lower ELO ranked) guy gets a spy too, and he can play it before you do.
    Not to mention AI players that would rather pick from the guy with 4 points than the guy with 12 points, this should be so easy to fix!

You might think all this is paranoid, but all I can say is on playcatan i never saw this behaviour, and i won a LOT more games.
    Either i suddenly got way worse when this platform got introduced, or somethings really up with how the game works here!

• The dice is so horribly designed. I haven't had a single game where it was balanced. Not ONE. The game is great, but the dice singlehandedly ruins so many games its awful. Its always 2 numbers that get rolled over and over and over.

How cant they fix this? It literally takes 4 games to notice this pattern.

• True. It seems to decide which 2 numbers are going to get rolled the most. There is no point in playing the odds, which really takes all the strategy and fun out of the game. They get a lot of complaints about this, but never seem to fix it.

• I can't post images or I'd put up the screen shot of the game I just had. The dice algorithm is utter garbage despite their constant denials. Here are the rolls from my last game.

2 - 1
    3 - 4
    4 - 3
    5 - 3
    6 - 19
    7 - 17
    8 - 2
    9 - 6
    10 - 2
    11 - 3
    12 - 1

Fix this trash already!!

• I have a theory based on my many games mostly against AI. The dice algorithm is bias as part of the game difficulty. Bias die rolls that favor AI over player is an easy way to adjust difficulty where the fair way, in many opinions, is to program better AI.

One way they could do this without appearing too bias would be that dice rolling routine rolls twice and chooses the number that is least beneficial to the players and/or most beneficial to the AI. Could also be tweaked to benefit the player with bad numbers and low ELO. The roll twice, pick two AI 'cheat' would be bias but not obviously so. Especially if it didn't do it on every roll, but just enough to appear balance.

I do want to hedge and say this could all be the 'Backgammon Illusion'. When backgammon was very popular on the internet, there were players complaining about seeing double sixes 3-6 times in a row which is astronomically rare.' A few players saw this happened and would report the dice were bias or not random. The problem wast that there were millions of games playing every day such an occurrence was likely to happen somewhere. Thus the illusion that the dice were not fair. Sort of like the odds of winning the lottery are ridiculous, but with the number of tickets sold and the number of drawings (daily/weekly) the big prize will be given out from time to time.

So, hopefully I and a few others are victims of bad rolls in the big scheme of things, but a part of me sees this often enough that I have my doubts.

• Even i concer to this. The last game i played, 11 never got rolled in over 100 chance. I even have a screenshot and then number 5,9,10 came twice or thrice combined in last 50 odds amd i end up losIng when i was way ahead. Sometimes i feel like throwing away the device. Why didni pay so mucn to get this bullshit game.