Message from Catan Support - They're working on it?

• They dont care much:

Please stop this email madness.
    What do you think our developers do all day?
    We have countless reports of problems that occur in our game. We are well aware of these messages/reports you are talking about.
    By far the worst problem is the fact that involuntary kicks and freezes are still appearing. Our users lose ELO-points and also karma etc.
    Our developers take care of exactly these problems every day. And I myself sit there every day and try to explain this to the users.
    You can't speed up this process by sending additional emails (to different email addresses ??), but you can slow it down at best. Our work morale is also negatively affected by constant insults.

I can understand that you are angry, but your previous approach increases the problem.

• Well, if they had listened to the constructive criticism 4-5 years ago, this would not be happening. Mixing all the platforms together was a bad idea.

I don't get how they made the networking code work... Does it just check the connection to the client and bluntly trigger "offline penalty" even if it is not that players turn? Something is just horribly wrong with this game and it will never get better unless everything is deleted and you start from 0... And if anything, you must copy the gameplay features of PlayCatan to be taken seriously.

• Keep it up. I'm sure this game will be great some day.

• @AyKay said:

What do you think our developers do all day?
    We have countless reports of problems that occur in our game. We are well aware of these messages/reports you are talking about.
    By far the worst problem is the fact that involuntary kicks and freezes are still appearing. Our users lose ELO-points and also karma etc.
    Our developers take care of exactly these problems every day. And I myself sit there every day and try to explain this to the users.
    You can't speed up this process by sending additional emails (to different email addresses ??), but you can slow it down at best. Our work morale is also negatively affected by constant insults.

I can understand that you are angry, but your previous approach increases the problem.

is this an actual response you have received?

just bought this game a couple of days ago and am thinking of calling the bank to pull the money back :(

• I received a very fair response via mail.
    They actually are humans.
    Give them a chance.

• They have had several chances over the last 4-5 years. Every time something goes wrong and keeps going wrong. It is even worse now, apparently. A lot of players get tired after about 6 months.

• That's a long time! 🤯
    But... how... why...
    OK. I guess I will watch at least those 6 months and hope for the best.

• the worst gaming server in the world
    and that is from a long time ago:facepunch:

• They simply ignore us and our help over a long time. The most things we said are vanished or ignored without any comments from them.
    A lot of users care in the beginning and after two or three years. But right now they harvest what they sow...

CETERVM CENSEO LVDVMCATANEM CONSERVANDAM ESSE

• @Callosum said:

That's a long time! 🤯
    But... how... why...
    OK. I guess I will watch at least those 6 months and hope for the best.

Why make the same mistake as all other players before you? People have been warned so many times, no-one wants to listen :D

• @Stroom thank you I’ve been bitching for over 6 months myself. Happy to hear I’m not alone.

• What I find odd is that at times everything seems to work well and then there are periods where it seems to fail constantly. I have given up for weeks now. I can’t get a game to work. I have been playing only single player for quite a while. Once it starts working can’t we just leave it be?