Here's A Suggestion

• Stop trying to simulate the live board game experience and revert back to the fast paced, intuitive, user-friendly version we all enjoyed. No one cares about card animations, fancy little board game pieces that you have to click on, a beautiful but awkward view of the board, an elaborate trading screen, player pictures, etc. The old PlayCatan was so much better than this garbage, I find it hard to believe you guys tested this from the player's perspective and concluded it was 1) playable, and 2) an improvement. At most you should have tweaked the graphics of the old one and left everything else alone.

• THIS, so much.

I've made a post in the General section that I realize now maybe I should have put here. Oh well too late. Feel free to go upvote it and pile on please.

https://forum.catanuniverse.com/topic/509/please-help-save-catan-online

• The bottom line is Catan Universe is missing everything that made PlayCatan fun to play. It is missing all of the finesse and nuance you need for the game play to be the same as the board game. For Example: An important part of game play is being able to counter offer someone's trade. Instead you just hope they look at the chat or randomly pick what trade you actually want. Don't worry about the fact that you can't chat and trade at the same time. What if you want to offer a trade when it is not your turn? Too bad for you! Also the chat is hidden, so unless someone clicks on the chat box they won't see your warning that the red player is about to win the game and they need to take the longest road before their turn is over.

Then there are the interface problems, can't turn off the music in game, can't pick what game you want to join anymore, no beep to let you know its your turn, have to change screens to do anything, the graphics are slow, and the game play is slow. Bottom line is that graphics do not make virtual board games better. Having faster games that have the same game play as the board game is what makes online board games good.

Catan Universe reminds me of the android app. which I played once and thought this sucks and went back to playcatan. but this time instead I will just stop playing.

• Yep, what they all said! I guess I am off to find another game to play instead of Catan. Any recommendations?

• I fully support this thread! Please shut this site and reopen PLAYCATAN immediately! Don´t you notice what harm you do to the loyal users of playcatan? What for?

• Mr. Machine has some really good points! I will not go so far as to stop straight away, but this has to become a lot better FAST if I am to keep going with this. The need to change screens and the impossibility to offer trades out of your turn are the biggest issues! I am also missing the "statistics" tab during the game, and would like the game log removed - part of the game is to remember what people has on their hands before you play a monopoly card/knight/etc.

• @Dr-No I so agree. The old version was very playable...... bugs happen everywhere. Maybe fancy it up a bit, but not like this. I had a sense of community with the old version, same players on at the same time, you could pick who you wanted to play with. In the new version that is VERY cumbersome from what I see, have not tried it yet. But all of the things you need to play the games was very clearly displayed in the old version, all on one screen. Now you have to flip back and forth and it all becomes a nuisance. I'd love the old Catan back, even for a higher cost!

• Please restart Playcatan! This site is completely the opposite of what we all love to play and takes forever to load. I don't even know if i'm playing against a computer or real people. If we wanted board play we would get a group together and set up a board. The point of online is a quick distraction, not an hour long game like the true play. The graphics are slow and cumbersome, taking away more from the game experience rather than adding to them.

I understand that you all have worked hard on this site, but make your loyal players happy and return to the old format ASAP. Or you will loose us all for good.....I'm also open to suggestions for other games since this one seems to be ruined!!

• @Doh788 said:

Please restart Playcatan! This site is completely the opposite of what we all love to play and takes forever to load. I don't even know if i'm playing against a computer or real people. If we wanted board play we would get a group together and set up a board. The point of online is a quick distraction, not an hour long game like the true play. The graphics are slow and cumbersome, taking away more from the game experience rather than adding to them.

I understand that you all have worked hard on this site, but make your loyal players happy and return to the old format ASAP. Or you will loose us all for good.....I'm also open to suggestions for other games since this one seems to be ruined!!

I couldn't have said it better myself. In an attempt to make it look prettier this has lost everything that made the old version good :(
    I

• This is a nightmare game experience.

• If you can't see the board how am I suppose to decide is a proposed trade is beneficial or a loser? And that trade board swinging up and down is making me sea sick, but that's okay, I guess, 'cause the game locks up right before I get to the vomiting stage. :(

Please bring back Play Catan or at least let someone else host the old site.

• Catan Universe is an abomination....absolutely horrific, it is literally unplayable.

• The Players don't need to be so large, animated and while they are animated they don't need to pick their noses.

• this game is unplayable

• Agreed. This version is pure garbage. Whoever came up with it should be fired or their job position seriously reconsidered. Bring back what was already great.

• yes support this thread as well