Fast Play Mode

• To @Stroom point, I have had players request trades to see if anyone has some of the resources than monopoly to pull it to be sure. So, responding to trades does give an advantage because the person who offer still has to accept. I understand your point but can also see the counter of not responding.

• @Yeloow82 Oh, I see. But I only fall once for a "trade" with those players. In the long run, they only hurt themselves, because nobody will trade :pouting_cat: with them anymore. No matter how much they offer :moneybag: for something they desperately need. But everybody likes to play their own style, and has to live with the consequences.

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

@Yeloow82 Oh, I see. But I only fall once for a "trade" with those players. In the long run, they only hurt themselves, because nobody will trade :pouting_cat: with them anymore. No matter how much they offer :moneybag: for something they desperately need. But everybody likes to play their own style, and has to live with the consequences.

Yeah everyone needs his still and so it's fine.
    But back to topic:

I would also like a Fast play style, because normally, I also play my turns fast, when I have 2 cards I don't start trading or whatevery but I take my time when I need it and i really hate it, when people want you to pass your turn after 30 seconds, when you have 10 cards and 4 dev cards in a C&K game.

So I really think this is a good idea, however, there is 1 BIG problem:

Are there really enough players to keep waiting for a game short?

Seriously, it often takes me 10 minutes to get in a game, and sometimes I even after that I have to give up amd play something else.

I am really unsure how this should work, because if you match people together, who set the speed option on different levels, to keep waiting time small, we get the same problem many are complaining with the not working ELO system where 900 ELO is matched together with 1200. :open_mouth:

And @Rumpelstilzchen, please keep your style of writing, it's a really pleasure to read your posts. ;)

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• Well, if there was no ELO and a lobby, you would not complain about those issues. Slow players would be more inclined to join a half-full game with quick play settings and will be forced to play faster. I have talked so much about this and it is just so sad that the developers refuse to understand that they are making the game less fun.

• @Stroom Yeah I totally agree with you, that a looby would solve this problems immediately, although I don't think that we will get a lobbysystem in CU. :grimacing:

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• @Prinz-der-Sterne @Stroom... a lobby system would help in both directions. If you just want to play, you can jump in on a waiting game, if you want specific settings, you can set that up (and others can decide they want to join your game).

The biggest drawback to a lobby system are people who are friends can both easily join your game and collude against you.

• Collusions did not really happen that often in PlayCatan. You could easily report these players and ignore them from then on. And you can warn other players in the lobby about them (one thing that happened in PlayCatan and it was quite effective IMO). Also, in the current matchmaker system, you can still 99% get into the same game with your friend if you enter the matchmaker queue at the same time so that argument is invalid.

• @MonkeyZ yeah bulling one player with one player is a big problem, but as @Stroom mentioned,this doesn't get solved with the Matchmaker.
    When there are only 3 players online at thr same time, searching for a game and 2 of them are friends, they will automatically get together. :anguished:

• Nothing wrong with fast mode in my opinion. Just as long as all players are being kind and courteous. after all, were here to have fun.

• @Rumpelstilzchen it is true that you can adjust the timer at custom match , and it is great that they give you so many options in terms of time, game settings vistory points etc, but have you ever played custom matches wth the Als? It's imporssible not to get frustrated from a certain point and on. Theit game choices are not reasonable. It's like always playing with a player that has just started playing Catan.Definitely not a good experience, and i have tried most of the Al options.

• @katerinalda Playing with AI is terrible. :mask: But you can set up a custom game with friends or members of your guild. You can invite them spontanously, or set a date by writing messages. If you are lucky enough not to have your game disrupted by kicktimer, it can be great fun. :tada:

• @Rumpelstilzchen But I want to say:

I tried reall often starting a Coustum Match with several people of my Friends-List and very often there are more than 3 people online and are curently not in Game. 🤔

Untill todayI haven't played a single Coustum Match. 😐