Offer a trade when it's not my turn

• Can you please implement a system where I can offer a trade when it's not my turn? In the current system, I have to wait for the player to initiate a trade with me. I can't initiate a trade with him. This is not like True Tabletop Catan, where anyone can offer to trade with the player whose turn it is.

• +1 definitely would like this (as long as the notification of a trade offer is subtle)

• Like it is supposed to be. Like it was on PlayCatan. With baby steps we are already getting there. Might take another year though.

• Agree with this one. Not sure if anyone remembers, but a while back they had something called "trade preferences" where you could indicate what you wanted not on your turn.

They took this out for some reason why makes no sense as you can't offer trades when it's not your turn and it doesn't simulate reality.

• @DylLighted2 it was cumbersome to use and replaced by wildcard and counteroffers, wich are much mor practical. But being able to make an offer out of turn would be great.

• @DylLighted2 said:

Agree with this one. Not sure if anyone remembers, but a while back they had something called "trade preferences" where you could indicate what you wanted not on your turn.

They took this out for some reason why makes no sense as you can't offer trades when it's not your turn and it doesn't simulate reality.

Trade preferences was painful and limited. Counter trades is far superior, and just allowing us to post trades when it isn't our turn (with a non-disruptive concise notification) would suffice (because it would be fast to do).

(Although I would love a trade dialog that is a lot smaller, as I use a mouse and would love to see the board most of the time, I suppose that isn't as touch friendly)

• @MonkeyZ A smaller trade :arrows_clockwise: window would indeed be very practical!

• A better option than make the trading board smaller: :thumbsup:

The option to make it the size you want and also make it possible to drag the board where you want (so maybe kinda like a word document or a browser window/you there you also have the optiond). :wink:

There is often space on the screen/of the real game board that isn't required to see while the trade so it would be good you have the option to put it there while you think about the trade and look on the rest of the board. :smiley:

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• @Prinz-der-Sterne Yes, my screen is wider than taller, so a slightly different arrangement would work as well.

• Is there another digital Catan game that allowed you to trade when it's not on your turn? Except PlayCatan?

• Wanted to be a bit more clear with what I meant. Keep in the current trade system but at least allow us to show other people what we want when it’s not our turn.

• @art2018 Go on the r/Catan and look at sidebar. You’ll find a pleasant a version of Catan that allows you to counter trade when it’s not your turn. The trading system there is far superior.