Greater Catan end-of-game statistics explained?

• 2 questions about single-player Greater Catan games:

1. Is there a key to the end-of-game statistics? I can parse most of the 'ranking' statistics, but I do not understand the compass and parchment logos

2. I understand the AIs won't trade with me if I'm too close to winning, but when does that kick in? Does it adjust to the victory conditions of the game? I feel like when I have 8+ points I can no longer make trades, even if it's a 20-point game.

Thanks!

• @BobbyDaddy Huh, I now have a working theory. Anyone able to confirm?

The compass, I think it's the number of little islands you've settled
    And the parchment, maybe it's the number of points you've got that come from progress cards? I just finished a game and adding the points I can see plus the number in that column got me to the game-ending number of points. I don't seem to ever notice seeing constitution or printing press cards, so maybe they just show up in my points...

• @BobbyDaddy said:

1. I understand the AIs won't trade with me if I'm too close to winning, but when does that kick in? Does it adjust to the victory conditions of the game? I feel like when I have 8+ points I can no longer make trades, even if it's a 20-point game.

The AI won't trade if it feels it's competing with you for a spot, so that could even happen around 3-4 points. And I've seen the AI trade with someone on the verge of winning, even with the current behaviour.

This purportedly is all being reworked.