Gift code as a present.

• Is there a way I can buy a gift code for someone to enter and they get to play just the basic game? I think it's like 5 bucks. I'm not sure what it is. It's so confusing with gold, scrolls, points, etc. would go great with a Christmas card, I hope I can.

• @bpherbst :santa: Yes, you can buy it on steam :dash: .

• Could you explain how to buy the gift code via steam? I am not too tech savyy

• @mswkim This is how you do it:

1. get an account on steam :dash:
    2. go to your - steam :dash: account and deposit some money :moneybag: in it (you can pay via paypal or credit card)
      now you can buy a steam :dash: gift certificate :gift: in the steam :dash: shop,
      OR
    3. go to Catan Universe and login to your Catan account (like you do when you play)
    4. go to the Catan-Shop :money_with_wings: and buy your stuff there
    5. Pay for your purchase with debit to your steam :dash: account (easy) or by creditcard :credit_card:

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

o the Catan-Shop and buy yo

Is this also how you give catan gold to friends??

• @mswkim @administrators Sorry, I don´t know. I have not tried that yet. Maybe @administrators can help?

• administrators

@mswkim We do not recommend sharing account info with other people or log into to other peoples account to buy them Gold. This could create situations in which we wouldn´t be able to identify who bought content in the game. Therefore it would limit our ability to give support and/or help if something goes wrong during the purchase.

Personally, I would recommend buying your friends/family gift cards for the respective store (if they do have their own account there) where you can download Catan Universe. E.g. there are gift-cards for iTunes for 5$/€. Your friends/family can then go ahead an purchases the Gold themselves using the Store credit from the gift cards.

It is not possible to transfer Gold from one account to another. This is due to the same reason we laid out above.