Why make a game that cheats always? Droid - Single Player games

• I played "master" computer opponents, and then "rookie" opponents.

They both get dice rolls in their advantage. 90% of the time, especially when I am near victory, I NEVER get a roll that gives me a resource I want. For many ROUNDS. I payed attention to the beginning of my last game. I was not able to get adjacent to a 6 or 8 hex. The computer had all of them. The first 5 dice rolls were 6 or 8.

The computer NEVER accepts my trades and NEVER offers to trade you a resources that you could utilize immediately. (Almost like it knows what you have) HUGE EYE ROLL

Why have 3 difficulty levels? They all cheat. Clearly, it is not to make the game challenging. A younger and more experienced player would have no chance. The computer already plays smart, tries to build productive cities, AND uses roads to cut off real players (aggressively).

I'm definitely not going to spend money on such a crappy game. And the server was down today... but not one mention of it made the news or announcements on this website. It all seems run really poorly. Please get your sh*t together.

Sincerely,

John

• administrators

@Jamisojo Thanks for your feedback.

Since the server outage occurred in the evening we "only" had been able to inform our users on our social media platforms about the issue.
    Thanks to the swift response of our technical team the outage only took 1.5h. We are sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused.

Regarding the initial question, you had on the AI.

The Ai and the dice rolls aren´t connected in any way shape or form. Thes are two totally separate systems with no interaction between each other.

Once you are close to winning the Ai will stop trading with you. Your observation on that is totally right. It will stop trading to avoid "gifting" you the victory.

It will also not trade with you if both of you are competing for a spot on the board.

The AI is like an observant player. It will know what was rolled in the last rolls and what you spend in the last turns. But(!) it doesn't have the ability to steal a certain resource from you. It can only target you with a robber. What resource it will get is random.

We hope this answers some of your questions regarding the AI.

• @Administrator said:

The Ai and the dice rolls aren´t connected in any way shape or form. Thes are two totally separate systems with no interaction between each other.

Not from what I've observed the last 10 games against the A.I.

@Administrator said:

The AI is like an observant player. It will know what was rolled in the last rolls and what you spend in the last turns. But(!) it doesn't have the ability to steal a certain resource from you. It can only target you with a robber. What resource it will get is random.

This is also clearly a lie, according to the already mentioned 10 games.

Lucky you that you as an A.I. yourself can't turn red when lying. =)

• Here is another 10 games, base game on the map Ore for Sheep (Veteran A.I.):
    https://abload.de/img/stats018pkk2.png

Observation 1: The more settlements/cities the A.I. has on a number, the more likely it is rolled.
    Observation 2: From the midgame onward all 3 A.I.s are each turn more or less always above 7 cards.
    Observation 3: The first games few games I played very aggressive but from game 4 on I tried to keep a lower profile and 7 started to be rolled less and less.
    Observation 4: The A.I. has a strict game plan. From initial placements to where to expand. They also rarely block each other and when only in the endgame.

Raw dice numbers of the 10 games:

2 rolled 18 times
    3 rolled 40 times
    4 rolled 60 times
    5 rolled 83 times
    6 rolled 100 times
    7 rolled 104 times
    8 rolled 106 times
    9 rolled 81 times
    10 rolled 69 times
    11 rolled 47 times
    12 rolled 13 times

While this looks in the big picture like an almost perfect bell curve, looking at each game individually shows that it's not "just a feeling" that the A.I. gets the upper hand in dice rolls.
    Easiest way to 100% proof it would be a statistic on how many res. cards you got per game but then the devs would be caught red handed - I mean it's a mobile game so you have to milk yor customers somehow! I only started winning when I gave up on upgrading to cities and just went 5 settlements, longestt road, largest army and one victory point via card - with the exeption of the last game where one A.I. got them...

• @AnEvilJoke you give screen shots or actual statistics from many played games, the admins stop responding. I call BS TOO! They definitely get more 7s and at the most inopportune time. And I saw another admin post a bunch of dynamic conditions that they base 7s on! They do in fact try to even thing up or help comebacks which is a stupid idea but they coded it so they defend it and don’t listen to how mad and frustrated their paying customers are. Why, because they got our money and don’t care about us!

• administrators

@AllenInSLC dynamic conditions for 7s? :D Show me that post we made about that? There is no dice conspiracy or grand scheme.

The idea of use trying to manipulate the dice in order to "even things out" has an inherent flaw: Why should we wanna make the game miserable for 2 or 3 players just to elevate one? That would be amazingly stupid.

Catan itself is designed to even things out. The choice to make the 7 the robber was made by Klaus Teuber in order to keep the game exciting until the end. The 7 is designed to stop the player with the most resources and the best spots on the board. A lot of players also will focus the leading player (steal from him/her) block him/her and stop trading with him/her. That's the beauty of the game. That's why it's so family-friendly. It rarely happens that one player gets steamrolled like in monopoly for example and has to wait for the others to finish.