does not recognize accepted trade offers

• Ever since the update that occured a few weeks ago, there are repeated instances of when I accept a trade offer for it to appear as though I rejected the offer. I happens randomly, and it is effecting game outcomes. I right this after accepting a trade for a wheat to save a city only for the game to deny the trade and I lost a city. This is incredibly frustrating and is leading me to coming close to deciding to stop playing. Please look into this problem.

• @professor_dustin I am having the same problem and have not found a solution. Have you?

• @professor_dustin said:

I accept a trade offer for it to appear as though I rejected the offer. I happens randomly, and it is effecting game outcomes. I right this after accepting a trade for a wheat to save a city only for th

Is this a trade with a person, or a trade with the AI?

• same problem here. It happened throughout my "training" with the AIs, then with live people. It was like there was only a tiny random area under the check mark that had a 50% chance of accepting a trade.

extremely frustrating!!!

Is there a shortcut key (like Shift A) that can be used to bypass the mouse?

• Please note: There is no bug with the "accept" button in the trade menu. The AI won't trade with you if you are close to victory or if you competing with her over a certain spot on the board. It will also check if you might lose a city due to the lack of an activated knight. If so... it won´t trade with you.
    That is intentional.

But:

We are aware that users are puzzled by the current behavior of the Ai, especially since it will offer seemingly better deals over time. We are currently designing new systems for the AI that will make it easier for users to understand why the AI won´t trade with them. Since we want to do it right, this, unfortunately, takes some time.

• @Administrator said:

Please note: There is no bug with the "accept" button in the trade menu. The AI won't trade with you if you are close to victory or if you competing with her over a certain spot on the board. It will also check if you might lose a city due to the lack of an activated knight. If so... it won´t trade with you.
    That is intentional.

But:

We are aware that users are puzzled by the current behavior of the Ai, especially since it will offer seemingly better deals over time. We are currently designing new systems for the AI that will make it easier for users to understand why the AI won´t trade with them. Since we want to do it right, this, unfortunately, takes some time.

But it also won't trade with you in situations where it would have an advantage in the trade or it's a worthwhile concession. And you can offer it more and more, enough to convince a human player, and it's impossible to convince it to trade. And if you know it's something it really wants, and it's your turn, you can get it to give up multiple resources (humans wouldn't often do this, they'd only give up multiple things on their own turn [it would have to be an incredibly rare item]. If you really wanted a resource, the AI should be making you offer multiple items and giving up multiple).

It's not that it refusing to trade is in itself confusing, it's that it often doesn't make sense, is highly inconsistent, and is frustrating. You get stuck in a position unable to advance your game, everyone else is advancing and eating up your available moves, and the thing standing in your way is an AI that won't trade with you for all the gold in the kingdom. And this can happen when you are at 3 points and another player is at 7.

That said - it would be helpful to have Catan Universe like canned responses in the trade menu like "I won't trade with you", "I want more", "I want something else", "I don't have that" ... because some people suck at using the counter offer screen to barter (and canned responses can be easily translated to the users language)