Because of the kick-timer not working players stay in top ranking of the season

• @administrators I want to share with you how players (especially the one with whom I "played" and is ranked third) manage to stay in the first 5 position by simply NOT PLAYING. They enter the game and BECAUSE THE KICK-TIMER isn't working at all, they simply do nothing... they only build the first 2 settlements to fool the other players that they "want to play" and because at that point the kick-timer is useless, they write in the chat that they have bugs, or server is lagging or other things like that and simply wait the other players to quit. SO THEY EARN A LOT OF ELO BY NOT PLAYING!!
    They will receive a big reward by cheating!
    That happens when you don't solve the problems/bugs, but open a season...

With this player "I played" like this...
    http://imgbox.com/Em8n040r

• I am pretty sure that the game is fundamentally broken. People can make the kicktimer break. Also, AI is horrible and ELO is a bad way to define player skill for a game like Catan. All this together makes the season a farce and you should not take it seriously. In addition to this, the trading is still not adequate enough to call this thing Catan.

• @P3tra Yeah, this Season should not award anything. I am hopeful the developers will understand the problem and strip people of ill gotten victories. hopeful

• administrators

@P3tra Thank you very much for letting us know that you feel something wasn´t right there. We will investigate the case and take actions if needed. Btw. Congrats on your splendid ranking. Have fun with the rewards and that crown :)

• @Administrator I have not taken part in this season, but yesterday I got a lot of undeserved Elo, :tada: because all of the other players :busts_in_silhouette: got kicked :boom: from my games and I was the "last player :bust_in_silhouette: standing". I would not make a fuss about 1 game, but 5 broken games? That is so absurd! Now everyone will gang up on me again to gain Elo, and a lot of horrid games :toilet: await me, uurrgh. :pouting_cat:

• @Stroom said:

I am pretty sure that the game is fundamentally broken. People can make the kicktimer break. Also, AI is horrible and ELO is a bad way to define player skill for a game like Catan. All this together makes the season a farce and you should not take it seriously. In addition to this, the trading is still not adequate enough to call this thing Catan.

Off topic, I had taken a break but returning to see counter trade implemented has improved things a lot - what is your concern with trading at this point? (or is it the player culture of no one trading? something that I wonder if comes from the online nature of it, that and things like abusive robbing, gaming the AI, and other win at all costs tactics)

• Too many clicks on the trading screen. You have to open the window each time... Or switch between views. Instead of it being WAY smaller, displayed on the side and always visible (without obstructing the view).
    Only yes-no replies make the game much slower than clicking on buttons that could also say that "I don't have that" or "I want something different" or "I want more".
    The logic of clicking the (v) or (x) buttons is confusing because sometimes you have to click the same button many times although you might not notice that it changed to clickable.
    In case of counter offers, once you click on something, you can not unclick it. Very annoying.