Trade not working

• This might be known. When trading with the AI and accepting their trade it doesn’t get accepted. I feel this is new. The game really isn’t playable anymore. This is my first post. Will this get fixed. If so how do I get the update.

Tony

• hello???

• @Booch Happened to me, too. In a multiplayer game, when AI had replaced a kicked player.

• administrators

@Booch We are aware of the Ai randomly not accepting trades they offered in the first place. We are currently investigating the reasons for that behavior but unfortunately haven´t been able to reproduce it constantly. But let me assure you ... we are on the case.

• Still nothing?

• @Administrator Still keeps happening in multiplayer games with AI. :alien: It keeps prompting higher and higher bids, but often seems unable to accept the trade.

• @Administrator said:

@Booch We are aware of the Ai randomly not accepting trades they offered in the first place. We are currently investigating the reasons for that behavior but unfortunately haven´t been able to reproduce it constantly. But let me assure you ... we are on the case.

There seems to be another variant of this, where I offer the AI a counter trade, and it takes it as me accepting the original trade (ie, it sends me the original trade, not what I asked for). This happened a couple of times in a row during the same trading set so it wasn't me (but fortunately it did eventually offer the resource I wanted as well, so it worked out - just at a higher cost, ha ha ha)

Example, it offered brick, I asked it for brick and wheat - and it sent me just brick. [so it was accepting my trades, just not seeing that I was giving it a counter offer. I'm sure counter offers with AI do work, it just wasn't happening in this case for whatever reason]

• Thank you all very much for your feedback on this topic. It has been very helpful to us. We will rework some of the Ai behavior regarding trading in the next update.

• @Administrator Not sure if these have been mentioned, but here are a couple of other scenarios

1. AI offers trade brick for ore, I don't have ore so I counter with brick for wheat, it accepts the trade but "takes" the non-existent ore from my hand (I see ore in the animation, and I don't lose any wheat , so it's a 1 for nothing trade).

2. AI appears to refuse to trade with players close to winning, but with all players close to winning it would refuse to trade with any player, so why is it still putting up trade requests!? (relatively minor, just funny/time wasting)

And AI still seem to have a problem of not robbing/blocking the player about to win (often it robs another player, even a 2nd place player who could theoretically still win the game but AI is playing against it. I don't think this was a case where AI could take 2nd place either [ie, an tactic some argue is a valid move]).

• Bravo. There is never any actual rule enforcing system in the backend. This game is and has always been fundamentally broken. I am pretty sure players can send any kinds of requests to the server to manipulate the flow of the game too.

• @Stroom said:
    My biggest concern with the broken AI trading is it works sometimes and doesn't work other times (assuming I'm not mistaken), so it also makes me tentative about trading with the AI lest I lose a key resource for my next move [although that might just be kharma for gaming AI trading in the first place, lol, cough cough]

• @Administrator The trading problem with AI persists even after the update. AI keeps offering higher and higher bids, yet seems unable to accept it.

• @Rumpelstilzchen And this isn't in the case where you are leading and it's simply refusing to trade with you? :-D

• @MonkeyZ No, I was last rank and had a resource the AI really needed, and did not get another way. (If I remember correctly, it was wheat :ear_of_rice: to activate a knight, and it resulted in the AI :alien: loosing it´s city.)

• @Rumpelstilzchen I was in 3rd at only 6 (of 11) points, and another player was about to win. The AI could have gained 2-3 points by trading with me (or anyone) and passed me, but nope, it wouldn't trade. It's super frustrating because then you lose a tonne of ELO not because of skill but because of software bugs. [I only mention ELO because it's so "important" around here"]

• @MonkeyZ Yes, sometimes I think the game should be renamed Elo :laughing: instead of Catan...