AI will rob me more often than other AI players

• I've played several single player games and noticed i am robbed more times than the other AI players. i took a screen shot of the stats at the end. i was robbed 15 times, with the 7 being rolled 24 times. Me being robbed was a combo of the robber being rolled and knight cards being played, but more so on the robber being rolled.

I am also robbed when it doesn't make sense, like i'm losing with the least amount of victory points and still get robbed.

• administrators

@sekthree The AI decides based on 2 parameters who to rob:

1. Who is in the lead
    2. Who will most likely have the resource I might need

We are constantly tweaking the second parameter to make the Ai´s "robbing" style as realistic and fair as possible for the human player. But in the end, the Ai has no "compassion" for the player in the last place. It will always do what's best for its agenda.

• Best for its agenda... The agenda is supposed to be NOT TO LOSE. Obviously the AI is not thinking several steps ahead. It is some preprogrammed moves it will make.

• @Administrator I say BULL, I was behind the other AI player and my resource got blocked even though I had zero resources!!! Stupid!

• OK, I have been living with this but today's situation was so utterly ridiculous I finally decided to say something. First of all, I play mostly in single player mode because of time rules, server issues, people not playing, getting kicked out but it is not them but the response time. I was playing today Harbor Master with two AI players. First of all, AI players always go from 8 or 9 (in this case 8) victory points in one turn with just a single build (in this case a settlement) but I always have to get to 11! The supposed veteran had virtually the same resources/numbers as myself. They had 8 Ore, 10 and 11 grain, 9 wool and 5 lumber and 4 brick. I had 8 ore , 10 and tow 5 grain (better) 9 wool, 4 lumber and 10 brick! The ONLY difference is the supposed veteran AI player got 8 sevens! I had two 7s and the other AI player had 3! He stole two full cities from me in resources PLUS had my three resource 8 ore blocked most of the game and we still both had 8 victory points! Additionally, he was able to buy 4 development cards (three robbers) to my one! I was able to move the robber off my prime resource ONLY twice! He had 8 7s and three knights so placed the robber on me 10 times in total! This is ridiculous! We spend the money for this game, we invest the time to play... it sucks to lose like this. If the dice rolls were even remotely equitable or they had a better strategy or locations, that is one thing. But simply because the robber difference was 4 or 5 to 1??? First of all, I don't know what your weighted average/random algorithm is but I believe the odds of this actually happening with real dice and people are astronomically low!
    This is my email and my user is AllenInSLC
    Also, your "random" map in "Ore for Wool" is not random and it highly stacks the odds toward the first two players that select!