option to make the chatbox lower or to not show

• it would be great if there was an option to close the chatbox or to make it lower with a notification if there is a message or so.
    especially if you don't play online. there are no players to talk to so why do i need the box? :)

• administrators

Hi @kayleeh,

Next to the ingame chat there is the game log which is also useful in single player games. But I appreciate your feedback and I will forward it to our development team!

• @kayleeh EXACTLY!!! I play only single player and the screen layout is difficult enough without that chat box cluttering it up. I think your suggestion is excellent. We SP players never had this problem with the old format....

• @Administrator I would appreciate it if I had the choice to make the chat box disappear :dizzy: and reappear :star2:, just like the trading panel. :arrows_counterclockwise:

• I do like the idea of a way to minimize the game log/chat box, but I also think that when I use it I have to scroll just to see one turn's worth if info. It would be nice to have a way to extend the game log window upward toward the top area where the player's summary of resources and points is located. So, I suggest a minimize, normal, and extended format for the game log. I also think that when someone steals from you when the robber shows up, it would be nice to have the resource that was taken listed in the game log. Also, when I scroll the game log using the mouse wheel, upon moving the cursor off the game log the normal part of the screen zooms in/out in response to the input given to scroll the game log. I would like the input when hovering over the game log to not affect the normal playing area of the screen.

• please make there a Button to slide it to the side or blend it off just linke the Option or Trade Button. in big games it block the view!

• Thank you all very much for your additional feedback.

• @Administrator I would appreciate the option to turn the chat box into speech bubbles next to the player´s avatar. :bust_in_silhouette: :speech_balloon:
    After 1 or 2 min :watch: the speech bubble :speech_balloon: would fade away. :sparkles:
    That way I could save a lot space for the actual board.
    And if I missed anything that was said, I could still turn the chatbox back :star2: on with a button, like the one for the trade panel. :arrows_clockwise: