Want some fun Catan challenges?

• Hi everyone,

If you've been playing a lot of Catan and are doing similar strategies over and over, I have some unorthodox challenges for you to mix up your playing style. They are as follows:

-Win in Cities & Knights with all 3 Metropolises
    -In any Seafarers expansion, build a 30-length Shipping Route (so all of your roads and ships connected in a continuous line)
    -Win in Cities & Knights with no Metropolises
    -Win in Basic Catan without building a city
    -Earn as many Defender of Catan Victory Points as you can in Cities & Knights (the most I've been able to get is 6)
    -Build on only one island in Seafarers
    -Build all 15 of your roads in Basic Catan without taking Longest Road (you probably won't win in this scenario haha)

If you all have any other challenges please reply in this topic. Also if you need a reference for the above challenges you can find videos on them on my YouTube channel. It is UnorthodoxMasterOfGames. Thank you all for reading this and let's get back to... rolling 7's and robbing each other?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrtxBS3DMhqobEksONH1XQ?view_as=subscriber

• @Dupinator

Hey Dupinator!

Cool to see you on the forum. I already knew your YouTube channel and I've really enjoyed watching a few of your Catan challenge video's. :wink:

Here's some other Catan challenge idea's you'd might enjoy trying...

• Win in Cities & Knights, the scenario: "Greater Catan", without getting of the main island. :smiling_imp:
      I think that might be a hard challenge!
    • Win in any scenario of Cities & Knights without building any of your city developments.
      So you're not allowed to build any city developments at all! Ofcourse you could still trade the commodity cards to get other resources, and you could still use longest road and extra Victory Points from islands to possibly still get enough of an advantage.

Cheers! :v:

• Thank you I will definitely give those a shot! Or multiple shots haha. Oh man, winning in C&K without any city improvements though... It sounds somewhat possible therefore I have to try it! Thank you for your support on my channel also, I appreciate it.

• @Wooly-Woodsit Thanks to your suggestion and my refusal to give up, I have completed the first challenge you have issued me! I will be working on the video this week and will upload it as soon as I can.

• @administrators Hi Administrators, these sound like some great challenges. Are there any plans to add these or other challenges to the 'Achievements'? I'm sure many people like me have finished most/all of the Achievements, adding in new ones gives us more incentive to keep playing these awesome games 😊

• @Dupinator
    Wow, you really managed to complete the "Greater Catan" challenge!? That is crazy! :satisfied:
    I can't wait to see how you did it.
    Keep it up Unorthodox Master of Catan! :metal: :smile:

• @Wooly-Woodsit Video has been posted! With a funny thumbnail. Thanks again for your suggestion!

• Ok so I'm having a little trouble pulling off winning in Cities & Knights without building any city developments (by no means does this spell my giving up here). I have thought of another challenge which I will also be pursuing victory in. It is to win in C&K without building a single Knight the entire game. So there's a huge risk I will lose my city to the Barbarians the first go around, and I will also not be allowed to use the Deserter Progress Card. I will report back when I have a video posted on either challenge!

• @Dupinator
    Thanks for the update Dupinator :smiley: :thumbsup:
    I watched you complete the Greater Catan challenge and it was very fun and satisfying to see you succeed. Great job on that one! And you got it first try even. Very nice.:ok_hand:

The "No City Development" challenge will be very difficult because the development cards are a huge part of C&K so I would actually be really surprised if you were able to pull it off. And I can imagine the "No Knight" challenge being extremely difficult also because no city means no development cards.
    Good luck on these challenges Dupinator! :muscle: I will keep an eye on your youtube channel.

• Attention my corporeal friends: I have completed the No Knights challenge in Cities & Knights and it has been posted to my YouTube channel! Have no fear, I played online against real players for maximum entertainment value!

There is still no success on @Wooly-Woodsit 's other challenge idea, but I shall keep trying. Thank you fellow Catanians and have a wonderful day (assuming nobody plays Resource Monopoly on you haha)...

• @Dupinator
    Hey Dupinator I just watched your no knight challenge that was fun!
    I would love to see you build all your streets and boats and connect them in one uninterrupted line in a game of Seafarers or Cities and Knights Automatch online game. I think that would be very hard but possible.
    :smile: :+1:

• @Olim-Nagev It's funny you mention that challenge because I have done that, although it was only with computers in a single player game. Doing it in an online automatch would certainly raise the bar. Therefore I will add it to the list!