Dice Algorithm Sucks

• Re: Dice Rolls Not Random

Alright, I have been playing Catan online for years now and I have never been so disgusted and disappointed by the complete mockery of dice patterns. I have played several games within the past 2 days wherein a 6 or an 8 were not rolled once for at least 3 consecutive barbarian attacks. All the while, 11s and 3s were rolled exhaustively. Such inconsistency with probabilities only favors the poor strategists or the gambler. There needs to be better consistency with the dice mode and the roll patterns.

The old catan online had the option to play with the dice mode Cardstack which I found to have a perfectly balanced distribution of rolls per roll probability. Like a perfect bell curve with 7 in the middle. As such, strategy and placement were paramount. I typically won 60-75% of those games. For CaK auto games, I can't see an option to put Cardstack as a dice mode. I rarely win now and not because my strategy has changed. It almost seems that the CPU picks a winner even before the game begins and favors them throughout with robbers, progress cards, and die rolls.

Either change the dice patterns or allow me the option to choose dice mode in auto play games!!!!!

Otherwise I refuse to play on this platform again. It is too remarkably frustrating to see the CPU favoritism toward the weakest, strategic player.

• First round of barbs on my current game. 2x 7, 2x 11, 1x 3 and 1x 4. Previous game, 10x 11, 9x 3 roll and only 3x 5s. This game has turned into a pure luck game of the dice. So irritating!!!!

• administrators

Hi @nemi-asis,

to verify the validity of the RNG you have to track about 2.000 consecutive dice throws. It is actually very likely that any random 50 2d6 distribution does not look like the perfect bell curve. If you add them up you will see what you expect. That's unfortunately what (close to) true randomness looks like.
    If you keep on playing it will certainly normalize! Thank you very much for playing Catan Universe as much as you seemingly do. Dedicated players like are the ones the keep the community flowing and your feedback is especially appreciated.
    Have you though about funding or joining a guild so that you can play custom matches with the dice mode activated?

• @Administrator I think it would be a good idea to ad a dice :game_die: mode option to automatch. Even on Playcatan, some players refused to join a game without cardstack. Custom games are still hard to find. :mag_right: