Add a delay to the AI responding to trades, to reduce gaming the system

• Right now, some people try to game the AI by cycling through dozens of trade requests to try and maximize the trade, unfairly. It's super exhausting and frustrating for the other players to sit there and be bombarded. This is greatly enabled with how quickly the AI accepts/declines trades (and that some AI personalities make/accept unrealistic trade offers)

I think it would help to add a slight delay to the AI responding to trade requests, perhaps make it slightly variable, to make it more a "human response" speed. And maybe increase the delay with each subsequent trade request during that turn, so people trying to game trades will get slower and slower responses.

By making the AI respond slower to trades, hopefully people will put up reasonable trade requests, and be deterred from trying to game the AI [by trying to get an unreasonably large trade].

• This is not AI. This is just a bunch of if statements. :D
    I'd rather see the AI removed completely. Other human players should be able to substitute quitters for whatever benefit you can think of.

• @Stroom The old Catanonline had a system where someone could join games that were waiting for a player, with no risk of penalty if you don't win. You might be stuck waiting a little bit for someone to join, so it depends what you value more.

But as long as we have this AI/bot system, which is nice at least for a prompt replacement of a player, they should at least address the low hanging fruit that would improve it significantly (slower trade response, no unreasonable trading, not trading with the player with 8/9 points, not targeting the player in last place)

[AI, especially in the gaming world, can pretty much be applied to anything. It certainly isn't AlphaGo ]

• @MonkeyZ What I hate most about AI is the way it trades. It makes completely unreasonable offers and just keeps going trying to trade for resources any human player would have realized are scarce and will not be traded. And it never accepts an offer, no matter how good it is.
    It cannot grasp the concept that trade is a mutual benefit thing, give and take.

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

@MonkeyZ What I hate most about AI is the way it trades. It makes completely unreasonable offers
    It cannot grasp the concept that trade is a mutual benefit thing, give and take.

Oh definitely, the unreasonable trade flaw is it's biggest issue, and why most people try and game it. What's infuriating is it'll make crazy trades and then do nothing with it, or just purchase a card (that it'll never use), when it could have built a settlement or something with all the resources it just traded away.

And yeah, the AI is either ridiculous in trades, or impossible. It'll ask for a trade, and the very next roll when you have that resource, it'll refuse to make the same trade. It's frustrating.