Lets Lobby for a 'Lobby'

• Hi folks,
    We need a 'Lobby" in this new version of the game . Not a new suggestion as clearly evidenced by the feedback on many forums @Klaus Teuber @Developers @administrators ....this is a game you developed to bring family and friends together....it has lost it's way. Your 'brand' is suffering. Time is precious and people including myself want to be able to choose who we play with. I understand that you want to increase revenue...that's reasonable you are a business but please look at your options and how it effects your brand. I still stand firm and recommend a survey to be sent out to your members to give you honest feedback. This is one of the few ways that can help you grow as a business and build something that is truly special.

• lobby there o_O

• @Nyte_ I agree...... I would love to play with the people I want to play with and all this needing to join a gild and whatever...... what used to be a simple and fun game and where we met the same folks at certain times to hang out with is all lost in this buggy game.
    I like your argument - designed to bring people together around the virtual gaming table...... and at my game I would love to pick the players.....
    PLEASE BRING US A LOBBY......
    Why is it so hard to keep the features we all appreciated on the old game and just make it work in your new concept???? This has lost what was at the core of the fun of Catan.
    @administrators @Administrator @Developers @KOSMOS @Klaus Teuber

• @Nyte_ I would prefer a lobby as well. :family: :two_men_holding_hands: :two_women_holding_hands: :dancers: :couple: :family:

• This is to Management (not the Developers or even the marketing team - I am sure you have put your suggestions forward but have not been heard). Management >> please listen to your team and to the people who are invested in your business ie: the ones who pay your bills aka the customers. It comes down to customer service which is seriously lacking currently. I wonder how long it takes to get a reply to a concern on this 'forum'.....do you need a certain amount of posts / views for this to occur?
    @administrators @Developers @KOSMOS @Klaus Teuber

• I would prefer it as well

• @Developers @administrators >>> a response to this question would be a positive :)

• Eine Lobby wäre gut.
    Aber sie werden es nicht machen.
    Man könnte ja sehen wer alles online ist.

• This post is deleted!

• @Developers @administrators. Klaus Teubers' vision and spirit of PlayCatan appear to be very different to Catan Universe.

Quotes;

1. A way to bring people together “I developed games to escape,” he said. “This was my own world I created.” Is that not what we all want to do as well?
    2. “I was sorry to see it come to an end,” Teuber said, “so I tried to experience this novel in a game.” Is this not how we all feel re: end of the PlayCatan platform
    3. The social aspect of the game is what Teuber seems proudest of. He mentioned that he once received a letter from an attendant at a sanitarium for children, who said that one of the boys there had never spoken to the other children. Then, at some point, the boy happened to notice a group of kids playing Catan. “He came to the other children and started to play,” Teuber said. “Now he gets contact with other people. Catan is the medium for that.” So why has a lobby/community been completely discontinued Catan Universe? Please don’t say that there is a community because from all posts we see…there isn’t one. We need a Lobby!

• administrators

@Nyte_ We established numerous channels and opportunities for people to come together/ communicate and play the game despite the country they are from or the or the platform they are using to play the game.

The same digital Catan game is now available for iOS, Android, PC and Mac for the first time ever. We offer more people than ever before the opportunity to play the game simultaneously, find new friends and compete with each other.

Did you know that there are over 2000 Guilds in Catan Universe?

If there is a user that, for example, only plays Free-match, of course, he/she will get matched against new players, inexperienced ones and players that won´t use the chat. It is maybe their first game of Catan ever or in a long time.

Now it can very well be the descision of our user that he/she just wants to play Free-match. If the decision stands to only make use of a small part of the game then the user has to live with the downsides of that decision, too.

But if the user is an engaged player that makes use of the possibilities we offer, then he/she will be able to find other players that are likeminded.

• @Administrator said:

@Nyte_ We established numerous channels and opportunities for people to come together/ communicate and play the game despite the country they are from or the or the platform they are using to play the game.

The same digital Catan game is now available for iOS, Android, PC and Mac for the first time ever. We offer more people than ever before the opportunity to play the game simultaneously, find new friends and compete with each other.

Did you know that there are over 2000 Guilds in Catan Universe?

If there is a user that, for example, only plays Free-match, of course, he/she will get matched against new players, inexperienced ones and players that won´t use the chat. It is maybe their first game of Catan ever or in a long time.

Now it can very well be the descision of our user that he/she just wants to play Free-match. If the decision stands to only make use of a small part of the game then the user has to live with the downsides of that decision, too.

But if the user is an engaged player that makes use of the possibilities we offer, then he/she will be able to find other players that are likeminded.

Thank you for reply but I do have to reference point 3: "The social aspect of the game is what Teuber seems proudest of. He mentioned that he once received a letter from an attendant at a sanitarium for children, who said that one of the boys there had never spoken to the other children. Then, at some point, the boy happened to notice a group of kids playing Catan. “He came to the other children and started to play,” Teuber said. “Now he gets contact with other people. Catan is the medium for that.”
    My son is in the autistic spectrum and communities such as PlayCatan helped him. Please understand that this is why I stand firm on this. I bought the Catan games and we had many games nights at our house..so much fun

Could you please let me know what are the channels/opportunities to get together other than guilds (as you can only join 1 at a time)??

Re: Matchmaker...please dont get me started on this flawed platform.

• The "possibilities" you offer are just bad. Sure, there are over 2000 guilds, but you can only join 1. And to search through the guilds, you will very quickly become annoyed at the clunky UI. A lobby would make so much more sense than the current solution. I'm sure anyone would agree.

Matchmaker is OK for the Free match but the rest of the games would be so much easier to organize based on the lobby system.

• administrators

@Nyte_ We offer:

• 2 Forums (German and English)
    • Facebook Page (5000 Follower) Facebook Group ( over 700 members)
    • Instagram Channel (700 Follower)
    • Twitter Channel ( about 350 Follower)
    • Steam Community Page and Group
    • In game friend list
    • In-game messaging system via direct chat or messages
    • Custom matches to play with friends
    • Guild filters for Auto Match
    • Friend filters for Auto Matches

We are aware of community organised discord servers and looking into ways into moderating and integrating an official one.

• administrators

@Stroom See ... that's the problem right there. In your mind, there is only that one thing you keep on repeating over and over again without either using or even considering different approaches and solutions.

if you don´t wanna see a solution you'll never find it :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

1. When I come to play, I do not want to ask around who is available to play now. (Guilds, community pages do not really work in that regard. In-game messaging is cumbersome and you can only add 100 people anyway - 95% of them would most likely be offline and the rest 75% already playing.)

2. Before the game begins, I want to choose whether I want to play with the people who joined my game. Maybe I know that one of the players is not a good player or will likely quit. (Due to the limits on friends and ignore list, it is not currently possible)

3. Using filters for matchmaker are basically designed NOT to work in real life situations. You would have to contact the people outside of the channels you offer to set up a game.

4. Sometimes I would want to play a 4 player game but I only have 1 friend. You have specifically made that IMPOSSIBLE. Your reason is stupid - the 2 player combo would always play together and ruin the gaming experience for the rest. Yes, it would be true for a matchmaker situation where you can't choose your opponents but that would quickly be negated with a lobby.

Now, a lobby would make it possible to play with strangers but STILL have some kind of control over who you play with. When you decide to spend 40 minutes of your life, it would be quite important to have control over it. This is what people want. Quick matchmaker queue will more often place quitters in your game and you will most likely have to play with AI in the end. This is not fun. And you have decided not to build a solution for this. Human substitutions would be needed but that would probably only be possible with a lobby.

Let's be real here. You are clearly not interested in building a lobby and you would bring up ANY excuse not to do it. Even going so far to say that anyone who complains if a minority and should be ignored. There had been years of complaints and finally something stuck about the trading issues so you finally caved in and implemented it. The same will happen with a lobby. Or your license will run out and another company will take over and do it right.