Q: City improvement

• Can you buy city improvement without building any off the previous ones.
    For example:
    Player 1:
    Has 3 "coins" and 0 upgrades in the Blu path of city improvement. Can he buy the third city improvement without buyibg the first or the secend one?

• @graffx no

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• @Prinz-der-Sterne can you point out where it is written in the rules?

• @graffx I only know, that you can't do it, I don't know, wheter it stands explicit in the rules. :sweat_smile:

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• @graffx
    I don't know if the paper rules I have matches this pdf, but I think it's pretty close: https://www.fgbradleys.com/rules/CitiesAndKnights.pdf Also there might be an official rule list somewhere here on Catan Universe, but I couldn't find it.

So, from that PDF: Page 7. City Improvements. (right hand column)

"The first improvement in each area always costs 1 commodity of the matching type. The second improvement in each area costs 2 of that commodity. The cost of each subsequent improvement is again increased by 1. "

So, to elaborate, the first city improvement costs 1 commodity. The second 2; third 3; etc. If you have more of the correct and matching commodity (and a city, as stated further in the rules) then you can do as many improvements as you can afford per turn. Example: if I have 6 paper, I can make the first, second and third city improvements for "instants" aquaduct.

I would love to jump over the lower improvements and get a metropolis right away, but alas, we have to pay for it. I hope that helps. :innocent: