Help Building a Settlement

• I am new to Catan Universe. I am playing the guided game against computer opponents and can't build a settlement. I am never given the bubble saying I am allowed to build one, even though I have the resource cards I need. Would somebody please tell me what I have to do to be able to build one? Thanks.

• administrators

@OrCBGB Please click/tap directly on the board (intersection) you want to build. Or when playing mobile you can drag and drop the pieces from the left side of the screen

• Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have been clicking directly on the board. There is a quick white flash, then nothing. I can use the "click-on-the-board" method to build roads, however. I have the resource cards I need to build a settlement.

• @OrCBGB I have sometimes had the same problem. :sparkles: : I have to hit the spot :dart: just right. If you tilted :triangular_ruler: the perspective or minimized :mag: the view, it is even more difficult. Solution: I change to overview and enlarge. Often that helps.

• Hi again. I should also mention that, besides being new to Catan Universe, I am also new to Catan. I bought the boxed board game and am reading the rules. It seems I can only build a settlement if I have a road leading to the intersection and the intersection is at least two away from another settlement. This may be my problem. I will play a game again some non-virtual opponents and see. Thanks for all your answers, this community is helpful.

• That was it! I just didn't know the rules of the game. I was trying to place a settlement before I had roads built, thinking you could do that just like the random placements at the beginning of the game. Things should really pick up for me in my Catan adventures now that I have read the rules lol. Thanks again, everybody.