Catan Universe Feature Request List

• I thought I would start an informal feature request list seeing as how I didn't see one already started.

Here are a few that I have:

1. A native Mac (or java) client. Steam hasn't worked for me and the browser version takes soooo long to load.
    2. The ability to see how many users are online.
    3. A way to test your connection to the network.
    4. A way to see the open games and choose which you want to enter. Filters for things like game, num players, friendly robber, karma.. ordered by suggested based on ELO
    5. A chatroom to talk to players before joining a game.
    6. A way to start and post a new open game with the parameters of your preference.

Anyone else?

• A proper lobby has been asked since this version came out. And it will be necessary due to so many reasons... but it's never going to happen because of the stubbornness of the developers of this game.

• I really like #3 in your list.

I like #2, 4, 5, 6...but as Stroom says, a lobby has been rejected by the developers. I really hope they reconsider this in the future.

I would also like to add a couple minor suggestions:
    .. Colorblind mode (I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but I would love for family to be able to play with me.) Maybe a building with a symbol, similar to what Ticket to Ride uses?

.. I would like to be able to pick an alternate color. I, obviously, pick green as my main color, but sometimes another player has too. I would like to be able to pick my #2, 3 or 4th request for color.

I agree with most of the other major suggestions around the forum and I would absolutely put priority on those other requests (eg. resource and dev cards in parallel, lobby, kick timer, rejoining game, etc etc etc) before my suggestions.

• Banned

@Stroom said:

A proper lobby has been asked since this version came out. And it will be necessary due to so many reasons... but it's never going to happen because of the stubbornness of the developers of this game.

Most things that are suggested don't get implemented because the developers think that they know better. They didn't spend any significant amount of time with the PlayCatan software that had all these problems neatly solved already. They just don't know any better but really really believe that they do, the worst kind of attitude to be up against. We're not going to change their minds unless the paychecks stop.

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.
    #########################################################

• Trading:

I find the whole trading interface really problematic.

1. It would sure be nice and one might say necessary to be able to give a counter offer when someone is requesting a trade.
    2. I should not be prompted for a response when there is only one possible response. IE.. someone is requesting to trade something I don't have. sometimes repeatedly.. and i just have to sit there hitting X? kind of silly.
    3. There should be more responses than yes or no. "I don't have that", "I want more", "I need that myself" etc. These were great features of PlayCatan and added to the strategy aspect.
    4. The "Trading preferences" is a poor way of doing things and this should be rethought..
    5. It should be possible for me to initiate a trade offer with the person who's turn it is when it's not my turn.
    6. the trade window interface is way too big.

• Ich habe vor über einem Jahr das Räuberschiff moniert SR und RITTER.Es ist nicht neutral gesetzt.
    Es wurde gesagt,ja wir kümmern uns drumm.
    Passiert ist bis heute nix.

• This post is deleted!