New critical bug: game not recognizing built city

• @administrators @Developers @KOSMOS @Moderators

As mentioned in other posts we have a new bug after your latest update. This one makes the game unplayable. When building a city it shows it on the board, but you still have all the cards and the game does not recognize that city being built. It doesn't get added to the total points (+1) and you still get 1 resource instead of 2.

It happens to me in basic game - auto match - 3 players. I'm playing on steam/PC.

What are you going to do about this and how fast can you fix it because right now this is no longer Catan, it's kinda half of Catan.

• administrators

@inadad102 We are currently looking into the situation and try to resolve the issue on our end.

• @inadad102 We have been able to identify the issue and working to resolve it. for now, please do only use the quick-build option by dragging the city from the left side of your screen (mobile) or by tapping/ clicking on the village directly on the game board to build a city.

• Still happening!

• For the last three or four days, no matter how (PC computer or my Apple IPAD) i am seeing off-line error messages. At times on my IPAD i have successfully played, however, I am not able to build cities :(

The game is really screwed up :)

Hopefully, they sort out the issues.

• Yip - still happening. Tried to drag city icon as suggested by admin somewhere but that doesn’t work either. Shows the city but resources not consumed and double resources not earned. Left the game because there’s no point in playing if it’s working for competitors.

• Ps Rapidly losing interest.

• Since we haven´t been able to apply a patch this issue persists. Please use the method described below to build a city. Don´t drag and drop the game price to work around this issue.

• @Administrator Don’t always remember to use alternative method. Please fix.

• @Administrator I have tried every method suggested, and nothing is working. I am becoming rapidly displeased with this problem. And the game is almost pointless to play, because no matter what I do, I cannot win. Please fix the issue so I can continue to enjoy this game!!!

• We are working full speed on fixing that glitch. But I can´t promise you it will be included in this weeks patch since we have a very tight schedule if we want to release the first fixes for 1.5.0 this week. The schedule is that tight because we have to submit new versions at the same time on every platform we are offering Catan Universe on (iOs, Android, Steam) and due to the review times of Apple, we have to submit up to 2 or 3 days in advance of a release.
    We are sorry about the inconveniences.

• @Administrator said:

We are working full speed on fixing that glitch. But I can´t promise you it will be included in this weeks patch since we have a very tight schedule if we want to release the first fixes for 1.5.0 this week. The schedule is that tight because we have to submit new versions at the same time on every platform we are offering Catan Universe on (iOs, Android, Steam) and due to the review times of Apple, we have to submit up to 2 or 3 days in advance of a release.
    We are sorry about the inconveniences.

Whoa whoa. This glitch literally makes the game unplayable and almost impossible to win. There's no point in being even able to play (fixing the offline glitch) if the city glitch still exists. This is huuuge and you're just going to get more backlash if you don't fix this. Honestly, these are the 2 biggest glitches (offline and city) since these both make the game unplayable.

I understand y'all might be under a lot of pressure and have a tight schedule, but it's absolutely essential that this glitch gets fixed.

• This is another reason why cross-platform will be horrible. Especially when the game ruining bugs are so frequent.

• @Administrator After several frustrating days of not being able to build cities, I followed the admin's instructions of clicking the settlement to upgrade to a city, and it worked! It took my resources for the purchase, gave me back my settlement, and I receive 2 resources on cities I've built. Grateful to find a work around, but a permanent solution needs to be available soon.

• administrators

@Fitznutzz We are currently taking a close look at the different building options we offer. After we fixed that one we will reconsider the different options and evaluate what we need and what could be improved. ATM only 3% of our users use the board pieces on the bottom of the game board to build.

• @Administrator Quick-build :sparkles: is much better and faster. I only use the drag-and-drop option when quick-build does not work. Sometimes, the quick-build menu does not respond correctly. It doesn´t offer all of the possible building options, or even no options at all. Those times I resorted to the drag-(Nomen est Omen!)-and drop-option. :snail: