How Catan Universe Forum Comments and Replies should be structured.

• Right now, if someone replies to a comment it has to go back to the very bottom. Instead, it should be right underneath the comment to make it clear the reply is directed towards the comment.

Here is my post explaining more about this and some examples.
    https://imgur.com/a/Yq5QMT9

I hope the developers look at and consider changing this.

• @DylLighted You can already choose how to view the comments. You just have to click on the "sort by"-menu, under the post you are viewing, to the right. Choose to sort it according to:

• oldest to newest

• newest to oldest

• most popular.

• Whoops, didn't know about this. However, I still think being able to see the reply to the comment directly underneath the comment is very useful. No matter how you sort it, my reply will simply be a @blahblahblah and a message. This will make other users see the reply without the comment (therefore without context). Users will have to dig through the forum to find the original comment to understand the reply.

• @DylLighted Really? Hmm. For me they show up directly one after the other. Also, if I have read the post and several replies already, a little speech :speech_balloon: bubble shows up on the bottom right of the screen. I can click on it to go to the most recent unread post.

• @Rumpelstilzchen

That's not solving the issue of the need to look for the original comment to understand the reply. But indeed that's helpful for seeing the most recent replies.

• Banned

@DylLighted said:

@Rumpelstilzchen

That's not solving the issue of the need to look for the original comment to understand the reply. But indeed that's helpful for seeing the most recent replies.

try quoting the comment you're responding to. threading the way you're saying within comments is more common in blog comments, a continuous stream is the standard on a forum.

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.
    #########################################################

• @acokeparty said:

@DylLighted said:

@Rumpelstilzchen

try quoting the comment you're responding to. threading the way you're saying within comments is more common in blog comments, a continuous stream is the standard on a forum.

Ahahaha, thanks for that. Now this post feels pretty stupid. The quote thing works fine, I forget it existed! Thanks again.