Our approach to the shut down of PlayCatan should be different.

• @DylLighted I will continue to give feedback.

I still have hope, :four_leaf_clover: especially since I have discovered that Seafarers and C&K are much more playable than the basic game. (Even though they still have bugs. :bug:)

What baffles me is the reason why simple changes, that would improve :+1: the game so much, have not been implemented in 2 years:question:
    For example:

• trade window with response buttons;
    • showing development cards not fanned out, but parallel;
    • activating development cards with 1 click instead of 3
    • not breaking up the game at the end by the animation:
    • showing the statistics during the game;
    • allowing to refresh and reenter;

list to be continued ....

These suggestions seem easy enough to me. I cannot imagine they meet any insurmountable technical obstacles. So why no reaction in all this time? :confused:
    I would like to get the @administrators response to my question.

If you think my single opinion on these matters is not worth considering, how about getting some polls on what the Catan playing Community :two_women_holding_hands: :two_men_holding_hands: deems the most urgent changes?
    I am sure you could vastly improve your product this way, still using comparatively few resources.

• @Rumpelstilzchen said:

@DylLighted I will continue to give feedback.

I still have hope, :four_leaf_clover: especially since I have discovered that Seafarers and C&K are much more playable than the basic game. (Even though they still have bugs. :bug:)

What baffles me is the reason why simple changes, that would improve :+1: the game so much, have not been implemented in 2 years:question:
    For example:

• trade window with response buttons;
    • showing development cards not fanned out, but parallel;
    • activating development cards with 1 click instead of 3
    • not breaking up the game at the end by the animation:
    • showing the statistics during the game;
    • allowing to refresh and reenter;

list to be continued ....

These suggestions seem easy enough to me. I cannot imagine they meet any insurmountable technical obstacles. So why no reaction in all this time? :confused:
    I would like to get the @administrators response to my question.

If you think my single opinion on these matters is not worth considering, how about getting some polls on what the Catan playing Community :two_women_holding_hands: :two_men_holding_hands: deems the most urgent changes?
    I am sure you could vastly improve your product this way, still using comparatively few resources.

I really do agree with all these suggestions, they are simple and all very possible. Especially why don't they simply ask the community and use polls?

I don't really know what we should do at this point... it seems like Catan Universe is hopeless.

• @DylLighted - I feel all our feedback is useless since they don't care and since there is no system to the forum posts. So many topics are covered in more than one spot. If we would all post under one tag, they would really see how many are affected by all the new bugs, for example.
    I also dislike the final slap "You lost!" when a game is over..... why not make it a positive announcement.
    Simple things show how bad they quality control is at the makers side..... simple fixes we asked for since day 1 ignored and more and more bugs introduced. Is that what Made in Germany looks like now???? And who is pumping money into this project? I would hate to see my money wasted like this for 2+ years if I was the one footing he bill. (I also feel sorry for all the players that bought the buggy game......
    What used to be a joyful pasttime has become a source or more and more aggravation. Too bad.
    Wonder what Klaus Teuber really thinks? He is considered to be "a Käpsele" (a friendly term for a genius or smart guy), so why does he stand behind this mess? GRRRRRRRR

• The sad part for me is this:

The overwhelming majority of player posts are bug reports or criticism about the game. There is rarely anyone actually talking about positive things. No community whatsoever. It could all be fixed if the game had better ways to make players chat with each other (lobby etc).

Most problems stem from the same pattern:

When there is a bug that clearly is making a lot of players have issues, the administrator actually says that "The issue seems to be only affecting a relative small group of players and we are currently investigating what might cause it." Even if there are 10 posts about this.

Statistically speaking, if there is 1 positive post about the game and 10 bug reports, this issue is not happening to a small group of players.

And they release the update at the end of the week. It has a ton of new bugs. They do not come back to work on the weekend to fix it. Most players would play on that weekend so they just ruined gaming experience for a lot of players. Never reverting the changes to at least let the players play with a less broken version for the weekend.

No real statement about the admin about how and why they messed up the release... Until a week or so later. By this time, most players are already disappointed by your service. The public statement (all channels - FB, Twitter, new topic in this forum etc) should be made instantly after you see that you introduced a new set of bugs.

Seriously, every link in the chain of game development and management is failing to provide a good-quality game.

• @Fortuna said:

I feel all our feedback is useless since they don't care and since there is no system to the forum posts. So many topics are covered in more than one spot . If we would all post under one tag, they would really see how many are affected by all the new bugs, for example.

Good point. I think we should consider how we can improve the organization of the forum and the comments. I also had an idea :bulb: how we could do an online poll.
    We could start a new topic called suggestions or polls. Everyone could add suggestions. But instead of commenting on each post, everybody could simply upvote :+1: the suggestions s/he agrees with. Numbers become clear instantly.

On other pages and sites, we could spread word :mega: about the suggestions /polls thread, to make sure as many Catanians as possible would learn about the poll. What do you think:question:

• Banned

@Stroom said:

Seriously, every link in the chain of game development and management is failing to provide a good-quality game.

100%. Ineptitude the whole way up the chain at this point. Klaus is just as responsible as the programmers and the people that contracted those programmers. How they can sit by idly and watch their game and community crash and burn is beyond me.

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• @Rumpelstilzchen - Great idea....
    If we all tag as many players as we know with the "@" we could really increase the number of players that would read this react to it.
    There is a tab for the player names, I would open that on 2nd device and send a copy @ to as many as I know.

• @administrators @Developers @acokeparty @Fortuna

I am trying to like catanuniverse - truly I am but it's just not working out.

BRING BACK PLAYCATAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

• @tbt - I wholeheartedly second that.
    Please bring back PlayCatan
    The moving and twitching and blinking avatars are so distracting.... make them still, please.
    And at the end of the game I do not need to see the insulting "You've lost" comment, I can figure that out myself....
    Also, some games end with "Game cancelled, all players have left"... What the heck is that when someone just won the game?
    And skip the dumb "You have not been robbed" after a 7 rolls (which is sometimes every other turn, no random dice here). It is funny when right after this you get robbed anyway. What a useless message. We know when the 7 rolls and we have too many resources. Cut the crap and fix this game, and I might actually seped some money for expansions since I am getting sick of basic play.

• Banned

The "you lost" and then "you were not robbed" often followed by "you were robbed" all perfectly embody the current situation with the game and the people communicating to us about the game.

We have ALL lost and are repeatedly lied to. And if you paid for this game you've definitely been robbed.

Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• CU is painful to play in so many ways. The chat window is practically useless, at least mine has a crazy lag. CU set out to enhance a strategy game with animation and lost their way in doing so. No in game statistics, no counter to trades, and the list goes on. BTW CU is down again, endlessly searching for opponents, showing as in the offline mode again.

I cant see paying for this game, and will most likely stop playing and find a substitute to "waste my time".

RIP PlayCatan you are missed.

• I have been playing single player of CU on my phone. I am trying so hard to like it, but it took me soooo long to complete a greater catan and this was with CPU players that are fast. I suspect if I had played that game against people it would have taken 2-3 hours, which is about what it would take using the board game. This just highlights the accumulation of what we are saying. I think the CU folks have done a good job not having too long animations, they are actually pretty fast now, but the graphical interface on the phone is super hard to work with. I am constantly having to zoom around different parts of the board, to see what they are doing, how they are progressing. Real estate use is terrible.

• @tbt said:

I have been playing single player of CU on my phone. I am trying so hard to like it, but it took me soooo long to complete a greater catan and this was with CPU players that are fast. I suspect if I had played that game against people it would have taken 2-3 hours, which is about what it would take using the board game. This just highlights the accumulation of what we are saying. I think the CU folks have done a good job not having too long animations, they are actually pretty fast now, but the graphical interface on the phone is super hard to work with. I am constantly having to zoom around different parts of the board, to see what they are doing, how they are progressing. Real estate use is terrible.

An average game of Catan Universe (assuming the standard 4 player tournament rules) takes about 20 minutes up to 1 hour if you're playing with some really turtle players. Sadly, playing on mobile is quite difficult as a large chunk of the screen is taken up by the top. However, if you tap on the avatar of the players then it'll reduce the size (and information given). Instead, you'll have an arrow to see more information.

Also, this isn't the best solution but you can always play on the website or steam.

• @DylLighted said:

An average game of Catan Universe (assuming the standard 4 player tournament rules) takes about 20 minutes up to 1 hour if you're playing with some really turtle players.

But in most of the people opinions here (also mine) this is too long. :confused:

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• @Prinz-der-Sterne I don´t think the duration of a game alone is the indicator how much fun it is. A really great game, full of suspense and unexpected turns, chasing each other for the lead position, might take quite long. A straightforward, one-lucky-player-always ahead-and-winning-in-a-very-short-time game might be rather boring, even for the winner. What annoys us to no end is the cumbersome and complicated way some of the moves have to be made. That´s what´s bothering me! I have no time to really play strategy, because I am constantly fiddeling with the size/perspective, cannot make a quick trade, and have to constantly fear being kicked by the kicktimer. I have had so many games that were broken up by this cursed feature, I start having very strong feelings :scream: about it.