Unable to Build City...new glitch???

• Ive never had this before but it has happened over my last three games....I have the resources to buy a city, click the checkmark for placement, the city actually shows up but my resources do not reduce and the city is not visible to other players, nor do I get double the resource. I tried it again on my other placement a turn later, same thing...any help or folks having the same problem? Oddly enough, in the game, the other players were able to build cities.....weird.

• administrators

@Longduck-Don Thanks for the feedback. Could you tell us which scenario and expansion you played and on what device you played it?

• @Longduck-Don I have the same problems too!!! I thought its my app or computer's fault but all three servers I have the same problems! Annoying.

• @administrators same problem here! Built a city, shows on map, but resources still in my hand. City does not count as a +1 Point and does not produce +2 resources.
    At this point the only way to win is 5 settlements + longest road + largest army + 1 VP. So this is no longer Catan, it's something similar to Catan. Great job again! How do you do it? With every update you mess things up even worse instead of fixing stuff. We are really trying here, we payed for the product, we play the game, we give feedback on the endless bugs and server issues, etc .... but come on people, can you please get your shit together?!

• @Longduck-Don I had this problem only once, a few days ago, during a C&K Treasure Island game. Lasted for 2 turns, could build on other spot later, though. Did not bother to record all the details, because it happened only once.

• @Administrator It was during the Free Match....whether it is required or not, it was while trying to build a city on the 6 9 12 spot. Hope that helps

• I have the same problem. I put the city, but the resources remain on hand and the city I see only. Both in the Free Match and in the Seafarers. It's impossible to play. The third day is such a problem. I play through the application in Steam. My nickname is Iya2

• We have been able to identify the issue and working to resolve it. for now, please do only use the quick-build option by dragging the city from the left side of your screen (mobile) or by tapping/ clicking on the village directly on the game board to build a city.

• I also have this issue. This is by far the buggiest game that i have ever played. There is ALWAYS an issue. I love the game so I deal with the issues but I cannot recall a game where a bug has not effected the game in some manner. I have played at least 100 games. People always need to reset to maybe fix the issue which is crap. My ELO has been effected due to so many bugs. Maybe it’s time to hire some senior or principal software developers and get rid of the junior development staff.

• Banned

@Breener96 said:

I also have this issue. This is by far the buggiest game that i have ever played. There is ALWAYS an issue. I love the game so I deal with the issues but I cannot recall a game where a bug has not effected the game in some manner. I have played at least 100 games. People always need to reset to maybe fix the issue which is crap. My ELO has been effected due to so many bugs. Maybe it’s time to hire some senior or principal software developers and get rid of the junior development staff.

I experienced this same issue. Eight days ago they acknowledged the SHOW STOPPING bug introduced twelve days ago, and they still haven't rolled back the changes. "Junior" is an understatement. @administrators when will this be fixed? And how do you justify taking people's money when the game is not functioning at the most basic level? Can't build a city! COME ON. You are thieves at this point.

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.
    #########################################################

• Still having the problem, in each game

• Still having this problem. Playing in my Chrome browser, but it also happens in Firefox, and also happens if I sign out and create a new avatar.

FIX THIS BUG!! I have been experiencing this for 2 months and I will NEVER pay for this game because the maintenance is so horrible.