LIST OF SERIOUS BUGS IN CU

• Now I understand why you can’t implement anything new, just because you simply can’t manage the things you have already implemented! There are SERIOUS bugs which make the games horrible. Some of them were listed here a year ago and are not being solved. WHY? Instead of solving them, you decided to end the beta phase and that’s it. Is that normal?

I will list here serious bugs and problems to the options you already have and which are not working.

1. The option to choose the scenarios is simply not working!
    I am choosing them, it appears to be “custom” but until now I haven’t play not one single time the scenarios I selected. Why is that option for in this case? Your genius idea of matching is not working.

2. The kick timer is not working!
    When a player stops playing nothing happens and we are forced to quit the game and lose ELO. For example, I played a game today and had to quit because a player wasn’t doing anything and I lost ELO.

3. The only option for trading which you implemented (and is almost non-sense) is the “trade preference” but even with this option a player can’t select to receive 2 resources.
    There are moments when you need 2 resources and the option isn’t letting us to select to receive 2 resources (only to give).

4. No random scenarios!!
    I keep playing the SAME scenarios every day. This scenarios that come in 95% of the cases are: Heading for new shores, Through the desert and The Oases (the non seafaring scenario haha)… No treasure islands at all!!! The most played in PlayCatan.

@administrators @Developers Please do something with this few things you have implemented or change them with our suggestions (lobby, trade options, substitutes...). Even if you are not interested in our suggestions, please solve the bugs!

• Banned

How about this one?

https://forum.catanuniverse.com/topic/3366/completed-arrival-on-catan-but-single-player-game-still-locked

The solution? The admin manually unlocks... When people post on the forum. Are you kidding me? That's the bug fix for a major show stopping bug! I doubt they have any interest in fixing what you noted. They're clearly too busy with a fancy new animations and finding ways for the games to take even longer than they already do.

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.
    #########################################################

• I might be able to help with #1. The game you want to play (I assume Treasure Islands) needs to be the colored one. If it's the only one that is white, then it will be the only one that doesn't get chosen. Does that help? It is possible this is a bug, but I found the selection process very confusing.

• @EmeraldAngel said:

I might be able to help with #1. The game you want to play (I assume Treasure Islands) needs to be the colored one. If it's the only one that is white, then it will be the only one that doesn't get chosen. Does that help? It is possible this is a bug, but I found the selection process very confusing.

I will try it! I normally select Treasure islands, The 4 islands and The Fog Islands and none comes out, but you maybe right. I will try to select all others hahaha, what strange programming!

• @EmeraldAngel It worked, thank you very much! I would have never tried it like that because it is so illogically to select all the options/scenarios you don't like in order to play the one you like :laughing: No wonder that they don't want to implement the practical things.

• @P3tra I am glad it worked! It took me sitting thru a Greater Catan before I made myself figure it out... :laughing:

• @administrators Even though you are not answering my question or this post in general, I want to highlight another two bugs:

1. There are maps with 2 ports of the same type of resource, which is not in the rules of the game. When this happens, one resource has no port. For example, there where maps with 2 ports of sheep and not one for ore.

2. The robber is blocking from the beginning some spots (the land robber and the ship robber). Is that in the rules? For example, in the Seafarers scenario you can't navigate because of the sea robber which is placed there from the beginning of the game.

• @P3tra said:

1. There are maps with 2 ports of the same type of resource, which is not in the rules of the game. When this happens, one resource has no port. For example, there where maps with 2 ports of sheep and not one for ore.

As far as I know, there are always 2 ports of sheep in in the ore of wool map, because it doesn't make (almost) any sense to have a port of or there.

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• @Prinz-der-Sterne said:

@P3tra said:

As far as I know, there are always 2 ports of sheep in in the ore of wool map, because it doesn't make (almost) any sense to have a port of or there.

I forgot to mention that in maps of the seafarers scenarios! I only play this extension. In the cards of my extension (in the real word) there is one single port for each resource.