Rivals Tutorial

• Is there a Rivals tutorial available? I know how to play the game, but I am unfamiliar with the controls. So I just got kicked out of a game for inactivity (sorry whoever I was playing against) and I still don't know how to work the controls. It is a bit frustrating that I have tried getting into a rivals game for a week now, and when I finally do, they think I am a quitter or something.

I suggest multiple things..one a tutorial (unless one is already available.)
    2: having the ability to override the kick timer so you can say to your opponent...hey, I'm here, I am just new and don't know the controls.
    3: a lobby would be great since I could discuss my inexperience with a potential opponent 'before' getting into a game with them.

EmeraldAngel

• administrators

@EmeraldAngel We will release a new update in the near future including a step by step tutorial for the rivals basics. This update will also include a game mode against different AI characters, Custom-Matches, Auto-matches and 3 Theme-Sets for the game.

• @EmeraldAngel
    I have "played" The Rivals several times now, and either I was kicked by the timer :rage: :dash: while I was trying to explane the game to my opponent, or he/she got kicked for "inactivity" , or we could not move because the old "who´s turn is it" -bug :beetle: :eyes: stuck us both. :confounded: Supposedly I won several games, but thats not true, my fellow players just got kicked out of the game more often. I could not finish a single round of this game yet! :cry: The Kick Timer needs to become optional!

• @Rumpelstilzchen
    Ging mir auch so

• @Administrator I understand that the administration feels the AI characters are important, but if that is the reason why we are waiting for a tutorial then perhaps a non-interactive tutorial would be sufficient in the meantime. Especially if @Rumpelstilzchen and @Melle-marie have experienced the same problems...and I haven't even gone into the german threads to see if they have issues there too. :disappointed:

Also, please consider making the kick timer optional. In my experience in Rivals games, some turns go much longer than a typical game and some turns go much faster. Some people would want to keep it, and that is ok; but some of us need a bit longer to take a turn, or to learn the game.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.
    #########################################################

• administrators

@EmeraldAngel We will bring the custom match to the card game as well. Meaning: Like for the board game you can alter or turn off the turn timer altogether. We will add Hints and descriptions to the game (similar to the board game).
    An interactive tutorial means that you are playing the game and learn how it should be played (where the buttons are and how to handle the software) using tips and hints given to you. The release of the update is (if everything goes to plan) in about a week. That is why we won´t be able to change the current state of the game as it is until then.

• Gibt es gerade Server Probleme? Jedes Duellspiele bricht nach der Handkarten Auswahl ab

• Here's a link to a video showing how the card game for Rivals is played.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etiR7CwatF8&t=2s