BRING BACK PLAYCATAN!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm just gonna straight post this. Follow me catanians!

• This forum is so useless if you want to bring attention to one issue or post since there are so many categories.....
    I have pleaded via chat w Admin, I have sent a letter to Klaus Teuber directly.
    For some reason they just don't care.
    Instead of pouring money into this buggy CU, it seems to me it would have been wiser to invest in PlayCatan and make or keep it compatible. I am not a techy, but still I cannot see how all this makes sense.
    I have tried to play some games just so I base my opinion on facts and not emotions (over the loss of PlayCatan), but even the basic version is so buggy. And the same map each time???? How much fun is that???
    I will not pay for this "game" to be able to play more options/

Please please bring back PLayCatan….

• I am a bit tech-y. And I seriously think saving PlayCatan game logic code would have been quite easy. Probably needs some refactoring and covering with tests. But as you know, USM already had its buggy Catan app previously and they most likely did not even look at PlayCatan when creating Catan Universe. They are just so oblivious to the whole thing.

• @Stroom - I believe the old saying - where there is a will, there is a way.
    It is lacking the will.
    They have ignored the wants and preference of a large gaming community and thrown it all away. Smart business decision???
    I am curious to see if I get any reaction from Klaus Teuber. I wrote to him directly via regular mail. He should have it by Monday.
    I wonder if he stayed actively involved or if this door is closed for him.

• Banned

@Stroom said:

I am a bit tech-y. And I seriously think saving PlayCatan game logic code would have been quite easy. Probably needs some refactoring and covering with tests. But as you know, USM already had its buggy Catan app previously and they most likely did not even look at PlayCatan when creating Catan Universe. They are just so oblivious to the whole thing.

@administrator admitted here in the forum that they have spent a significant amount of time playing the old iOS app and CU. not PlayCatan. They didn't spend any serious amount of time playing it, so they don't actually know what a good experience should be. This is borderline maniacal. And when pointed out to them they talk down to us and tell us they know better and we need to get on board with their new system that doesn't provide basic functionality where everything takes 3-4x as long to do. People that never used PlayCatan just don't know better.

I am a bit techy myself, exocet claims to be experts in deploying Java applications, they can definitely get PlayCatan up to date if they wanted to. But they don't WANT to.

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• last time, think it was year and a half ago, after a lot of pressure from players they did bring back playcatan for existing players. but now...I don't have much hope....

• @Teuta - me neither, but we have to keep reporting about all the bugs and errors, and keep comparing to PlayCatan and why or how it worked there. Maybe there is some good business sense left after all????

• The guys just don't care..... they never bother to respond and just don't address any of the issues with game play or otherwise. This game has so many programming bugs that they think just solving those will make this an amazing game to play. They seem to be completely unaware that there is another aspect to play catan.
    Some of the graphics and game play is mind boggling to say the least, like the fact that you can't even see your cards properly without enlarging them WHY WOULD YOU HIDE THE CARDS BEHIND ONE ANOTHER????
    Bizarre way to implement things, and this is after 2 years of trying to 'improve the game' , all I can say is that these guys are at the very pinnacle of incompetence.

• @acokeparty Hey coky! Those were there days, when we could go online and just PLAY....
    In fond memory, Rumpelstizchen

• Banned

@Rumpelstilzchen said:

@acokeparty Hey coky! Those were there days, when we could go online and just PLAY....
    In fond memory, Rumpelstizchen

It makes me really sad. They want us to transition to bug reporters on their crap new (old) platform. I refuse to be a product tester. Exocet should be ashamed of their worK.

Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.