Suggestions to speed up the game

• After playing a few game I've come up with suggestions to speed up the game and make some other changes to improve it.

1. Placing the roads, settlements, cities and other stuff needs to be sped up. This game needs so many clicks for simple moves that it needs to be cut down drastically. Start allowing double clicks to place roads etc.

2. The development cards can be read if they're hiding behind each other. Why would you do this??? have them displayed clearly so you don't have to click to enlarge them and then click on them again to see what you've got. This serves no purpose at all, just let us see what cards we're holding and only similar cards stack behind each other. Another point is if I click on the cards and they enlarge but still hide behind each other I still can't read them!!! so disable the enlarge feature if its so pointless.

3. The trade window needs to change because it is so slow and useless. The interface needs to change to a Play Catan interface so it faster with some short replies like I need more, offer something else , etc. Also how is it possible not to have to option to counter a trade offer??? this is very much a part of catan so why is this option not there ?

Every move needs multiple clicks to execute and not just multiple clicks but moving the mouse all over the place to confirm simple moves, slows down the game, create the option for more experienced players to use double clicks so that the game speeds up.

You need a lobby otherwise I have no idea what i'm joining, even in automatch I have no option to select dice game so essentially I'm at the mercy of what ever random dice happens, cuts the skill of players... We need a lobby!!!

I know you guys have only done app stuff but the platform has moved to the computer now so you guys need to stop thinking like app programmers and thinking like computer users because right now this program is terrible to play.

• Banned

The biggest problem here: the developers don't care. You have great suggestions, they won't implement these things because they think they know better. I predict a response from the admin, something along the lines of "we have many happy people playing every day, we know better than you because we make money, you will never get PlayCatan back, please stop complaining and spend more time with our crappy product".

It's really frustrating to hear the same things over and over again. They just don't get it, and they don't get it because they have NEVER SPENT A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME ON PLAYCATAN. Plain and simple, this is what comes down to.

It's a really sorry state of affairs at the moment.

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• Try playing bots and count how many clicks it takes to set up a game or to complete one turn.

Game needs no trade option

• Banned

I used to play the bots years ago on the iPad app for practice when I wasn't at my computer. It was just as slow then to complete a game.

Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• administrators

@belz Here are some quick responses to your suggestions:

1. double clicks are possible :) For placing roads, the robber, initial settlements and so on. just click on the board
    2. Yes, the process of playing the progress cards can be streamlined. We will look into it.
    3. Did you notice the little pin in the upper right corner of the trade board? click on it and see what happens ;) We are investigating ways to implement counter-offers in an intuitive way that doesn´t hold up the game. From our experience with our other games, we learned that it has to be very sleek to work as intended, meaning: include negotiations without holding up the game.

Please take your time and look at the different filter options we offer for the Auto-match. You can narrow down very closely what you want to play. A Lobby is not viable as has been stated by us ... many many times.

• Dear administrators,

and again those helpful tips we all know already....
    it definetely takes to much time....especially with 5 cards, over ten resources, the awful trade options you get stopped to do what you want by the timer....the system should recognize, that a player is active and trying to do something....
    thats what i wrote already in german forums too without any response from you...

• @Administrator

1. Your right about the double clicks on the road and initial settlements but so many other things that doesn't work. City developments, upgrade to city etc. Considering there is a timer for each turn this is absolutely a must.

2. The cards cannot hide behind each other. I have no idea what I'm holding and most of the time I'm click on them just to know what I've got, just have the cards you're holding displayed upfront in a smaller size so we know what we have, only stack the same cards behind each other. Same thing with resource cards as well.
      Its better that the cards and resources are displayed upfront all the time independent of the zooming in and out that way we can continue playing the game.

3. Did that but doesn't help much, it takes up too much screen space and needs to be refined.

Overall the size of the graphics needs to be reduced so they can all fit in the screen.
    I did look at automatch but there is no option for dice mode in automatch. This is the only way to counter the terrible dice rolls but can chose that in automatch. Dice mode needs to be an option in automatch.

I know you said lobby is not possible but it needs to be relooked at.... I have no idea what games I'm playing, people etc.
    I can't even start a custom game because no one I know is online at the same time and not enough people on my list.

Till such time as the game speed is improved get rid of the kick timer because when playing knight the timer causes more stress and you really don't enjoy the game.

• Lobby is always possible.

• Banned

@Stroom said:

Lobby is always possible.

Everything we suggest is possible, whether or not they are willing to implement is another story.

• @belz I second the "get rid of the kicktimer" because the kicktimer :boom: has broken up half of my games for no good reason. :weary: It should be either optional, or we need a way to stop it, if all players agree. If you see your fellow players are engaged, and not stalling, you don´t want them kicked out. It would also be nice to have a warning, like on playcatan. You would get a message: please finish in 30 seconds. Even then you had the option to ask the others for extra time, if necessary. It was usually granted.

• administrators

@belz
    about 1. Building a street or building a city, buying city developments, building and updating a knight also works with two clicks. Simply click on the places/ game board you want to interact with