Please bring back PlayCatan!!!

• Banned

How do we get in touch with the actual people who developed the PlayCatan software? The individual people who wrote the code, or maybe just the company name? Surely you could share that with me privately. @administrators @Developers

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• @acokeparty - it is Arnd Beenen at Catan GmbH. I had a personal email from him on behalf of Klaus Teuber after I sent Klaus a letter to Germany.
    I posted the answer and the translation for that German note under the Tag "Let's ask Klaus Teuber".

• Banned

"I take care of selecting the required programmers, graphic artists, musicians, writers, etc. and hiring them for the project."

I'm looking for the actual programmers that wrote PlayCatan.

For example, exocet makes the current piece of crap and made the old iOS version. Ravensburg created the windows versions. Big huge games made the x box version, game republic Inc made the PlayStation one.

Who was responsible for PlayCatan? What team, company, or individuals? Surely this isn't private information.

Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• Would this be the information on the PlayCatan website that you are looking for?

Under the "contact us" link on PlayCatan.com/en shows:

Website Content: USM and Catan GmbH (and their contact info)

Programming:
    Brettspielwelt GmbH (brettspielwelt.de)
    praegnanz.de – van Aaken & Bräunlich GbR

Art and Graphic Design: (4 different entities listed)
    fine tuning/Michaela Schelk (www.fine-tuning.de)
    anoka Illustration & Design/Annette Kara (www.anoka.de)
    illustration Michael Menzel (www.atelier-krapplack.de)
    praegnanz.de – van Aaken & Bräunlich GbR (praegnanz.de)

Or perhaps this website: https://www.catan.com/about-us/ludography/electronic/all

I hope that helps. :innocent:

• Also, as I am sure you know, it could be that USM owns the code but it wasn't developed by them. So contacting any of those people may not end up in you getting any code.

• Banned

@EmeraldAngel said:

Also, as I am sure you know, it could be that USM owns the code but it wasn't developed by them. So contacting any of those people may not end up in you getting any code.

right, I'm not looking to take anyone's code, just looking to contact them. thanks for the info you posted, that is some i had not seen yet!

• @acokeparty No problem, happy to help if I can :thumbsup:

• @acokeparty - send me your email in the Chat function and I send you the email message I received from the Catan GmbH digital content man in Germany. That would be a good start.

• Seems like a pipe dream that PlayCatan will every be back. CU is designed to be played on phones, thus many options are pretty cumbersome to add to such a platform. Developers & Marketers have chosen to go with 3D animation at the cost of game flow/speed. Chatting has a huge lag. I have played over 50 games on the basic version, and will not be purchasing the full game as I do not enjoy the experience. Regards to all that I have robbed and cutoff in PlayCatan. Catan Universe doesn't come close to matching that gameplay experience. I wish the @administrators well, they are in a tough position. Regards to all.

• @Sleaster66 Greetings back at you! :wave: Miss playing with you, old poacher. :crying_cat_face:

• Banned

@Sleaster66 said:

I wish the @administrators well, they are in a tough position. Regards to all.

Same to you! Anyone that has played with me knows I'm a jerk. But I have no compassion for those that talk down to and ignore us, the people that have spent an exponential amount of time greater playing the game. It's a physical board game adaptation, the mechanics of executing the moves to play electronically were already figured out. These know it alls think they know better - time will tell.

• @acokeparty are you banned? Sure looks like it. I guess @administrators got tired of hearing you complain about the slow and cumbersome features they have built into CU. The calculation is that our love for Catan will trump the inferior game play experience. I believe that is a mistake, and while I have not stopped playing entirely, my enjoyment of CU is a mere fraction of PlayCatan. Is it possible to improve CU? Yes, but it will take a fair amount of tweaking to improve, and there does not seem to be the commitment of the key decision makers, whoever that might be. Complaining to @administrators does not seem to bring needed modifications, and wonder if they want to devote the resources to meaningfully improve CU. It does seem short sighted to take a great game playing experience in PlayCatan and turn it into a mediocre mobile app game. I will look on the bright side, at least I will have more time for other activities. @administrators feel free to ban me too, as I have little hope that you will improve this platform in a meaningful way. Regards all.

• @Sleaster66 If you move to aso, greet the others.:wave: Unfortunately I cannot join, :crying_cat_face:because I have only a free email account. Thank you for the good games! :game_die:

• administrators

@Sleaster66 We do follow the guideline written down here: https://forum.catanuniverse.com/topic/14/code-of-conduct

It is always regrettable if we have to enforce them but since we only had to do this very few times I guess we do have a pretty good track record.