Goodbye PlayCatan Online World

• :kissing_heart: Its gone for good. :exclamation: 10:34pm Central Standard Time May 31st, 2018...the game client crashed.:boom: Server went Red.:broken_heart: Can't relog in. It lasted longer than expected. Should have been down at 6pm my time. :joy_cat: Thanks for the bonus 4.5 hours. And the free play premium. :sparkles: I was "screengurl2007" miss my friends on there.

• Shocker! After it went on past the announced cut-off time I dared to hope that maybe they had come to their senses and will let it run some more. And then without a warning it just ended. I was glad for the extra time - but forget CU. In my opinion it is still no match for the old game. Not a fan. Will not play it or pay for that! Sorry!

• Ugh CU is so clunky and slow compared to PlayCatan. What a shame they couldn't make the new one better instead of worse. Very sad to see Playcatan gone. .. Airmel

Update 6/2 .. I paid them my money at first just thinking of it as a thank you for letting us play free for so long. But Horsejumper and I have played a bunch of games on C.U. and its getting better. Kind of like learning to drive a stick shift.

The toughest part is trying to find friends to play with. So we've started a guild "PlayCatan Forever" for all of us really missing PlayCatan. If you want to give it a try come on over. Look for Guilds under your portrait or send a friend request to Airmell or HorsejumperAZ

• I still can't believe that the game I played for so many years has ended!!!:sob:
    I played this week CU and it is better than 2 years ago, but it limits me as a player veeeery much. I am used to the "freedom", variation and speed from PlayCatan, which in my opinion was such a well thought game from the beginning.

• oh no... PlayCatan is closed... I don't like Catan Universe

• So sad. I will miss so many of you. I wish there was a way to continue the community, but it doesn't seem like CU is the solution right now.

• @Fortuna Hi, Fortuna, Falls du eine Alternative suchst, guck mal bei www.asobrain.com vorbei:-) Gruß Kuni

• Niemals kann Catan Universe derzeit eine Alternative sein, wenn man nur spielen will.... die alten langweiligen Szenarien... anstatt die Energie in die Gestaltung der Avatare zu stecken, hättet ihr mal lieber neue Szenarien entwickeln sollen. Die eingeschworenen Spielergemeinschaften sind auch gelaufen...eigentlich kann man nur mit dem KI spielen und der ist obendrein noch grottenschlecht:worried: ... keine Meisterleistung nach der Zeit!

• I know it is cliche, but it truly is the end of an era. I have made some good friends in PlayCatan, and am heartbroken to have it go, especially with such a poor substitute! No "lobby" to join games, slow gameplay, clunky graphics, having to hit a check mark (!), and don't even get me started on the trade menu (!!). I have enjoyed playing with my fellow PlayCatanians over the last 10 years, and if you want to friend me on here, maybe Airmell and I will have more than just each other to start a game with!

• I am also very sad, that the original catan is gone....i was playing there 13 years....and i was willing to pay for the game also!
    I am registered here, but very disappointed from all of the games here, the biggest disappointment is: NO MULTI CATAN!!!!
    And a lot of the old players dont want to join especially for this reason.
    PLEASE THINK ABOUT DEVELLOPING MULTI CATAN!

• @kunigunde - Hallo Kuni, da habe ich auch schon mal gespielt, als das mit CU anfing.
    Werde mal sehen, ob ich da noch ein aktiver Spieler bin. Viele liebe Grüße!

• @HorseJumperAZ - Ditto on all your points!
    I just played a basic game full of unnerving issues and it took 42 minutes? We played Multi in that time and actually had fun. I cannot see this as an acceptable replacement..... Such a sad thing that in all this time it is still basically crap! (Pardon my French ☺)
    Will miss all my Catan chaps as well, even the ones that caused a slight case of Catan rage now and then!

• @Luzzi - I cannot even imagine playing Multi on this ..... a game might take days ☺

• Miss it too

• I warned the developers for years that anyone who comes from PlayCatan will tell that Catan Universe is a horrible replacement. I mentioned all the specific features that make PlayCatan better. And the answers were always "we will not make it because we want to make it our way". What a horrible decision.

You should try to KEEP your customers instead of driving them away and trying to find new ones. The new "community" is entirely anonymous now. This means that they are less friendly, will quit games more often and will intentionally make the game last longer for the other players when they lose. There basically is no community in online Catan anymore. This could be fixed by a simple lobby system instead of a matchmaker. But everything you say will fall on deaf ears.

• @Stroom said:

You should try to KEEP your customers instead of driving them away and trying to find new ones. The new "community" is entirely anonymous now. This means that they are less friendly, will quit games more often and will intentionally make the game last longer for the other players when they lose. There basically is no community in online Catan anymore. This could be fixed by a simple lobby system instead of a matchmaker. But everything you say will fall on deaf ears.

Yes this is really sad, I absolutely agree with you.

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."