Colorblind Mode

• Re: Colorblind Mode

I can't tell the difference between the game pieces. Please have a colorblind person update the colors. Orange and green are identical.

• @Mr.-Bo-Belly good suggestion.

• Yes me too

• I think that's a great idea. @Developers should really consider this. But so far most of our suggestions fall on deaf ears.

• Banned

I suspect PlayCatan did not have this show stopping accessibility issue. Maybe the developers for CU should be a little more concerned with letting everyone play the game regardless of having or not having a common disability. @administrators do you not care about the fact that colorblind people can't play the game as you have made it?

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.
    #########################################################

• As we answered in another similar post: We are definitely considering creating a colorblind mode. We are currently in talks about what different color schemes we could use due to the different variations of color blindness there are.

• For me, blue and gray look the same color. Using more solid colors, for example, a bright blue color, would help.

• What about allowing the players manipulate the colors DURING GAME? Such a simple way to help all players at the same time. Oh and save the preferences so they are the same in future games... This would be so easy... But you actually need someone to point it out. Just like it took 30+ players to tell you that we need trade counter-offers to make Catan viable... Although I had been saying that for years. Maybe it is time to implement all other features I talked about for years?

• Same here. Player colours are randomly chosen where I’m often forced to play with two different blue players (one might be purple) or two green players (one might be yellow) or two red players (one might be brown). It’s next to impossible to tell who is who.

BTW, The title of this post should be Colour Deficiency, not Colorblind. 10% of all males are colour deficient, that is, have difficulty telling colours apart. But only a small fraction of people are colour blind, that is, can only see black and white.

This means that 10% of all males that download this app, have this same problem. How did this ever pass UA testing?

Please fix this! Thanks so much!

• @Cuestrom Accessability is a must! This should be on the priority list. Discrimination is not ok.

• It REALLY is VERY difficult to tell them apart when you’re color blind (yes I’m technically color deficient but red green brown.. that all looks the same. So does blue and purple. Like identical. That’s why we just say we’re “color blind” Even gray is kinda close to blue and purple but at least it’s lighter.)

EVEN if y’all DON’T add a “color blind” option, may I suggest at least making the colors more vivid NEON? I find it makes it easier for me to tell them apart! Thoughts? Think of it in terms of pastels and water color type colors being worst and solid neon being the best for us.