lobby

• Moderators

Hi,

What i miss is a kind of lobby in this platform. Like playcatan has.
    A place where you can meet other players and where you can arrange games or meet each other.
    Is there a possibility that this will be implement in the future?

Regards,
    Tristan

• This. If you want any kind of positive community, make an in-game lobby.

• Agreed. Make it happen developers! It's hard to get a custom game going if youre new or your guild is small.
    I want to meet other people who are online!

• administrators

@SouthernFriedGerman Hmmm .... why don't meet them in the Auto-Match while playing?

• @Administrator Because we are forced to play scenarios we don't like. Meeting them in a game which isn't giving us fun at all, because it is not the game we want to play, isn't gonna lead to much.

• administrators

@P3tra You can filter the matchmaker depending on the scenarios you want to play. You will only look for players wanting to play those scenarios too.

• @Administrator I did this many times, I checked 3 scenarios I was willing to play and I was put in other scenarios. Try it yourself and you will see...

• I suggest the lobby for the opposite reason from P3tra (although their reason is a great example). I may want to play one scenario, but can't find players. When I look at a lobby, perhaps I am willing to compromise on which scenario I will play.

Or perhaps I am unsure if I know the people or not, since some have changed their user name from one platform to another. So perhaps I want to play with these people to see if they are the same to put on my friends list.

Or maybe I played with someone who didn't offend me enough to be on my block list, but I don't want to play with them again. Or maybe I am willing to give them another chance, but I just want to know what I am walking into with the game.

Or maybe a player has connection issues a lot (like every single game I have played here so far) and I know they have this issue. I may want to play with them one day if I have the time...but maybe I can't another day when I need a quick game to get to an appointment.

I could really go on, but basically I support a lobbby too!

EmeraldAngel

• @EmeraldAngel Very true! Only a constant player can understand this. The admins and the developers are simply not playing it. Enter this post where they actually answered the lobby thing: https://forum.catanuniverse.com/topic/4098/things-you-should-have-solved-before-shutting-down-playcatan/10
    Their explanation is so virtual for us who actually play.

• Banned

It seems the admin is really good at telling us we're wrong. If only the same persistence was applied to listening to us instead of arguing every.fucking.valid.point. and saying "we know better you plebs, get used to playing the new version, it's better because we say so". it's just not. in so many ways!!!

#########################################################
    Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• administrators

@P3tra I actually can't give you a number on how many hours of Catan (digitally and physical) I played in about 6 years of working for the company here and before as a hobby ;)

• @Administrator but do you never have a crash in the game or a random kicktimer?

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• administrators

@Prinz-der-Sterne The times we had them ourselves and have been able to reproduce it, we fixed the issue causing it. The remaining instances get investigated. We do our best to enhance the performance of the game with every update and we will keep on doing so.

• Banned

@Administrator said:

@P3tra I actually can't give you a number on how many hours of Catan (digitally and physical) I played in about 6 years of working for the company here and before as a hobby ;)

But how much of that time did you spend on PlayCatan, the example for what you were working on? Clearly not much. Or you would easily recognize the glaring differences that make your version unplayable for us that are used to the former. Unplayable. Playing catan online is already a time waste, but I justify it because it was quick and easy. Games taking 3-4 times as long makes your version a non starter.

Bring back PlayCatan! Let us maintain it and pay for it. You just collect money.

• Banned

@Administrator said:

@Administrator what was your username on PlayCatan? really curious to see your stats

• administrators

@acokeparty You know that there was a Catan App before Catan Universe (now its called Catan Classic). Since I am with USM my playtime focusses mainly on these Apps.