Elo changes my game

• Probably for the better, but i notice i take less risks now than when i play online than irl because now the game is more than about getting 10 points. Coming second matters for reducing the elo loss.

• @Wootah I can see this changing all sorts of tactics... why rob the leader if you can't win, rob the weakest player so you don't lose. I've even been robbed heavily in some games not due to position on the board, but due to my ELO. Plus, since the AI doesn't factor into ELO, you can game that somewhat to secure your ELO points.
    Makes me wonder if ELO actually adds anything to the game from that perspective, or perhaps just re-enforces ruthless tactics.

• @MonkeyZ I absolutely agree with your statement

"When you don't know what you should do, look to the stars, they will always shine for you."

• @MonkeyZ said:

@Wootah I can see this changing all sorts of tactics... why rob the leader if you can't win, rob the weakest player so you don't lose. I've even been robbed heavily in some games not due to position on the board, but due to my ELO. Plus, since the AI doesn't factor into ELO, you can game that somewhat to secure your ELO points.
    Makes me wonder if ELO actually adds anything to the game from that perspective, or perhaps just re-enforces ruthless tactics.

If the @administrators think this ELO should remain, they have to give us an option to hide it before the game. I am heavily robbed by the ones with ELO under 1000 just because... the game is not a pleasure anymore (like in PlayCatan). There (on the app of PLayCatan) also was a rank list for each extension and I always checked it and wanted to have a good position, but this wasn't shown to my opponents before the game started... We, the competitors knew each other from the rank list, but for the rest it was just for fun and not a battle for ELO.