Can not reach server

• Upon signing in on both PC and the phone app, it says "Can not reach server" even though my connection to the internet is working fine. Why is this happening?

• Yep, server is down

• lol... this is happening to me too! New problem with the game again , and as always the admins are absent!

• Server down and nobody cares .

• We are currently investigating the issue. Thanks for your patience.

• Excellent! Any update on the issue? I've seen this behavior intermittently since I started playing. Admittedly that's only a few days, but it's frequent enough that even I've seen it several times.

• The amount of bugs in this game is embarrassing. Hire some employees who know what they are doing.

• Agreed. Also disturbing is the type of bugs that we're seeing. We've been doing large scale on-line games for decades now. We have load balancers, clustered databases, load testing tools and on and on and on. We shouldn't be having issues with the central server - the entire business model is dependent on that piece of infrastructure.

The dice rolling routines are another good example. The computer science world has been working with psudorandom routines for a very long time. Writing that was one of the first lessons I received when programming an Apple Computer in the green screen days. Catan is fundamentally a dice rolling game. Having a re-occurring bug in your randomization routine that has been around for at least 8 months is at a bare minimum embarrassing.

• Down again!

• The only solution that I have found so far is to delete my history in order to be able to log in again. I am guessing that I will be able to play 2 games before it says I am not able to reach the server if that pattern holds up. Seriously these problems should have been fixed. Charge more for the game if that is what it takes!!

• It is happening again... and given the fact that it's Saturday, I dont think anyone will be aware of the problem until Tuesday , so by Wednesday maybe the server will be reachable

• Any progress yet? Will we get to play today?

• @Administrator Get it fixed! What's the hold up?!

• @Administrator any of you have any experience with your jobs, this is pitiful

• I am experiencing the "can not reach server" issue too. I am brand new to the game, so I was thinking this was a rare occurrence. Upon finding this forum, however, I see that the issue was reported 8 days ago, 7 days ago, and 6 days ago. Perhaps staff is unable to give the issue its needed attention during the holidays?

• @Snowlarch Unfortunately this situation is like this all year round and not just the holidays...there are many unsolved problems that the developers cannot solve and the presence of the admins in the forums is rare