"you were kicked from the session because you were disconnected from the internet for too long"

• @Administrator Is it possible that you give all players a little ELO corection, because of so many game we have been kicked out? I think it is the least you could do. Bcause i dont think you would give the players money back..
    Consider this please

• Unfortunately, we cant offer ELO correction because ELO is calculated only in comparison to other players. There is no practical system in place without fiddling within the database itself. Despite that, It would cause the system stop working properly once we start changing individual ELO scores because it is indistinguishable from a technical point of few if the player forcefully lost connection to the server or if it was due to another issue. We are sorry for the inconveniences but we rather focus our resources on eliminating the issue than spending lots of time and energy on the symptoms.

• @administrators in that case you should consider giving back our money. You released a "complete"and finalized version of the game, for which we HAVE PAID money. We cannot make use of the service we paid for. Basic customer care!

• administrators

@withoutName You are free to discuss issues like that with us via support@catanuniverse.com but as you can imagine things like that shouldn't be discussed in a public forum for reasons of your own data security.

• @administrators "Unfortunately, we cant offer ELO correction because ELO is calculated only in comparison to other players" ... so how come I get - ELO for losing to an unregistered player? First of all I don't understand why am I being matched against unregistered players, but how come I get to lose ELO points against them?

• ELO is a very pointless metric. It should not exist in terms of Catan. You can not justify the point difference of 2nd to 1st player when the skill level is roughly equal. Someone MUST win but does that mean that the 1st place was more skilled or just lucky with the dice rolls?

I know it evens out in the long run but still. ELO is not meant to fluctuate based on randomness. If you would think outside the box you would realize that it is there only to make you keep playing the game.

• @Developers
    I've dropped in ELO from 1080 points to now 1008 in the past few days due to this NEW bug and a few of the other persistent bugs (game getting stuck and being forced to quit) that have been in the game since the very BEGINNING (release) of this game!
    This is ridiculous and you people should be ASHAMED for charging people money for this broke ass game and showing such inability to deliver what you promised so many times!
    Get your act together freaking amateurs or I want my money back!

• the bugs are annoying for sure... But never mind the ELO - it is just a pointless number. :)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• Happens 90% of the time now in Cities and Knights. Have not been able to complete one game today. This has been happening since I purchased the game and all extensions in December, although not as frequently as late. Time to contact the BBB. Not getting a reasonable response from Catan Universe. There needs to be urgency in correcting this problem. The product is misrepresented since it does not function. Clearly false advertising.

• Mich kotzt dieses Spiel dermaßen an. So buggy dürfte das überhaupt nicht auf dem Markt sein. Immer wieder wird man vom Spiel disconnected, bekommt dann auch noch Punkte abgezogen, weil man angeblich verloren hat, obwohl man die ganze Zeit dabei ist und spielt.
    Man sieht den eigenen Kicktimer runterlaufen und kann nichts dagegen machen, bis man halt einfach fliegt. Den Betreibern gehört mal ordentlich der Kopf gewaschen, so einen Scheiss online zu stellen.

Abschalten -> Fehler beheben -> online stellen, alles andere ist unseriös

• @Administrator please answer my question below:

inadad102 7 days ago
    @administrators "Unfortunately, we cant offer ELO correction because ELO is calculated only in comparison to other players" ... so how come I get - ELO for losing to an unregistered player? First of all I don't understand why am I being matched against unregistered players, but how come I get to lose ELO points against them?

It was not a rhetorical question.

• ELO is a pointless metric. Actually it would be really easy to rebalance ELO by just recalculating all games. Maybe just make a checkpoint at every week so if you have to reset some ELOs, you can always start recalculating from there. Saying that there is no solution to something is just laziness.

• I have the impression that ELO is probably the most often used word in this forum... Why is everybody so upset about losing ELO / so ambitious about gaining it??? Why bother about that pointless number at all?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• administrators

@inadad102 By using scrolls players can unlock expansions even without creating an account. We do track their ELO as well it is just not displayed on the ELO board. This system is working as intended in that regard that if you lose against them you will also lose ELO

• Android app crashed during play when I clicked the roll dice button. Game disappeared and went straight to intitial splash screen. Game rebooted (20 seconds) and I was notified that I'd been kicked from game for taking too long (even though I'd never let as much as three seconds pass from the time I was handed the dice to the time I rolled them). Lost ~20 points from my ELO. :( 1.4.4-d692c8966