DESERTER CARD BUG - I Stole a Level-3 Knight WITHOUT Having the Level-3 Politics (i.e. "Coin") City Upgrade

• As per the title...

I had bought the level-1 Politics Upgrade for a single coin.... My opponent had his level-3 Politics Upgrade...

He played TWO "Smith" cards and turned BOTH his level-1 knights into level-3 "Mighty" knights.

I played a DESERTER card, and picked him to loose a knight.

The game asked me to place the knight he lost, and I was allowed to place a Level-3 "Mighty" knight even though I only had my Level-1 Politics (i.e. "Coin") City Upgrade.

• If this did not happen in accordance with the official game rules, you should not have done it. Why would you abuse a malfunction of the game to our own advantage?

edit by @administrators

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• @StefanB1977 said:

As per the title...

I had bought the level-1 Politics Upgrade for a single coin.... My opponent had his level-3 Politics Upgrade...

He played TWO "Smith" cards and turned BOTH his level-1 knights into level-3 "Mighty" knights.

I played a DESERTER card, and picked him to loose a knight.

The game asked me to place the knight he lost, and I was allowed to place a Level-3 "Mighty" knight even though I only had my Level-1 Politics (i.e. "Coin") City Upgrade.

This behaviour is correct. You are allowed to use and own a 3-level knight with a deserteur. No matter if you have not reached the politic-level (blue).
    This is not a bug.
    It is in the rules.

https://www.catan.de/faqs/55?page=5

4th Question (It is not in the english Version of the FAQs)

CETERVM CENSEO LVDVMCATANEM CONSERVANDAM ESSE

• You're right.... This version follows the rules FAQ... I'd been trained on the "classic" version of the app, which does not allow for this... but the official rules FAQ clearly allows for it. Good to know.

Edit by @administrators

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @Kotkanone Everything here is a matter of public record. I'll leave it to the fair-mindedness of anyone reading this. Anyone reading this can and will see that my account of the facts and timeline is 100% correct.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!