DESERTER CARD BUG - I Stole a Level-3 Knight WITHOUT Having the Level-3 Politics (i.e. "Coin") City Upgrade

• As per the title...

I had bought the level-1 Politics Upgrade for a single coin.... My opponent had his level-3 Politics Upgrade...

He played TWO "Smith" cards and turned BOTH his level-1 knights into level-3 "Mighty" knights.

I played a DESERTER card, and picked him to loose a knight.

The game asked me to place the knight he lost, and I was allowed to place a Level-3 "Mighty" knight even though I only had my Level-1 Politics (i.e. "Coin") City Upgrade.

• If this did not happen in accordance with the official game rules, you should not have done it. Why would you abuse a malfunction of the game to our own advantage?

This is disgraceful.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• @StefanB1977 said:

As per the title...

I had bought the level-1 Politics Upgrade for a single coin.... My opponent had his level-3 Politics Upgrade...

He played TWO "Smith" cards and turned BOTH his level-1 knights into level-3 "Mighty" knights.

I played a DESERTER card, and picked him to loose a knight.

The game asked me to place the knight he lost, and I was allowed to place a Level-3 "Mighty" knight even though I only had my Level-1 Politics (i.e. "Coin") City Upgrade.

This behaviour is correct. You are allowed to use and own a 3-level knight with a deserteur. No matter if you have not reached the politic-level (blue).
    This is not a bug.
    It is in the rules.

https://www.catan.de/faqs/55?page=5

4th Question (It is not in the english Version of the FAQs)

CETERVM CENSEO LVDVMCATANEM CONSERVANDAM ESSE

• You're right.... This version follows the rules FAQ... I'd been trained on the "classic" version of the app, which does not allow for this... but the official rules FAQ clearly allows for it. Good to know.

...and Jesus liebt Dich should take his medication, and relax a bit.

• @Jesus-liebt-Dich I don't know what the personal conduct policies are on this site, but the Private Messages I'm getting from Jesus make me suspect that this individual has no business being here, or running a guild for that matter.

If you're in the "The Rivals for Catan" guild, just take a good look at the total loser running your guild.... This is how he acts to people just trying to report a software bug. I get this nutjob sending me messages like this:

*** QUOTE: ***

Jesus liebt Dich

• You are a truly disgusting person and a shame for humanity.

StefanB1977

• You should take your medication before going on the internet.

Jesus liebt Dich

• Your Dad should not have taken his medication (the blue pills) and at the same time, your Mom should have taken her medication (these other pills). Thus you wouldn't have been born and no human would be molested by your repulsive existence.

• And now, hurry and back off into the dirty gutter, where you sneaked from, you worthless dog...

StefanB1977

• That is EXACTLY my point. Thank you, so much.

• You even post it twice? Wow, you are for sure the most disgusting person I have heard of in a while. What a ridiculous coward. I will just copy and paste my text from that other thread since I will not let your lies stand uncontested.

Yet another coward who starts insulting me and then whines publicly after earning some well deserved reactions... What a ridiculous failure...

Of course you kept secret the fact that before I sent you that very first private message, you told me to "take my medication" in another thread, thus implying some kind of mental disease on my side...

This is ridiculous and unbelievable... What a pathetic dog and what a miserable failure you are... You want to deceive people by evoking the impression that I sent you all this stuff totally out of the blue when in fact you started the trashtalk and the insults several weeks ago...

And this whole unnecessary altercation is an issue between you deceitful creep and me - no need at all to make it public... Only a coward would do that:

1. Randomly insult somebody
    2. Earn a logical response
    3. Whine publicly about it, desperately seeking support from others, trying to disparage the person who got insulted in the first place and did nothing but defend himself

I am more than fed up with dogs like you. "Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”

And now, you loathsome coward, once again get back into that shabby gutter from which you sneaked away in order to throw dirt at other people!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

• Guys, please, do not fall for the lies from that fraudster. I know @Jesus-liebt-Dich and he is a fine fellow. He would never write such a text "for no good reason"... Just scrolling up in this thread helps already - it shows that @StefanB1977 started with the insults...

He is lying when he pretends that Jesus did that only because a bug was reported.

Stefan insulted Jesus publicly, Jesus responded privately, Stefan insulted and whined publicly... All the rest that is about to follow is pointless blah blah... @StefanB1977: Get lost, we do not need people like you around here...

Update: Ah ok, everything is clear now, @StefanB1977 is an online poker player. No more questions... Most unlikable breed ever... Just stick to your game of stealing from, taking advantage of people who are gambling addicts and leave us social people alone...

• @Kotkanone I insulted him?

I insulted him?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I made a software bug report, and this unholy nutjob responds to it saying, "Why would you abuse a malfunction of the game to our own advantage? This is disgraceful."

DID IT EVER OCCUR TO HIM (OR YOU) THAT I WAS TRYING TO REPORT WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A MALFUNCTION IN THE SOFTWARE? DOES THAT EVEN SEEM POSSIBLE.... TO YOU?

Take this clown's side if you want.... Clearly you think that's how people SHOULD respond to reports of software bugs. That's not insane... at all.

• Just get lost you stupid chav... Write personal messages if you please... Nobody wants to read your senseless crap...

• @Kotkanone Everything here is a matter of public record. I'll leave it to the fair-mindedness of anyone reading this. Anyone reading this can and will see that my account of the facts and timeline is 100% correct.

• @Jesus-liebt-Dich

I found a bug in the software yesterday that allowed me to build 5 cities:

https://forum.catanuniverse.com/topic/3705/medicine-card-bug-allows-player-to-build-5-cities-and-5-settlements-see-screen-photo

The Administrator THANKED ME for the detailed software bug report.....

This is the part where you're supposed to go and accuse me of behaving disgracefully.... THEN... I'll tell you to take your medication..... THEN you can act like you'e the victim (AGAIN) and start attacking me in private messages....

WHY NOT? You've already done it once before. Would you really be a bigger loser for behaving THE EXACT SAME WAY A SECOND TIME?

• I don't want to stir the hate up again, but I have to say something.

Clearly Stefan reported a bug. The game definitely is buggy and it sometimes allows people to make moves that are not possible in the actual game. You can not take the moves back after you made them. The problem is with the game not the player who performs the illegal moves. Otherwise if no-one tries to make illegal moves (intentionally or unintentionally) there is no way to find the bugs in the game. So if anything, we should thank Stefan.

Calling someone disgraceful was definitely the first insult in this topic. I do not care what happened after that. I do condone the insults you both made. Both of you. But if you start the blame game and say that the other side started if it is clearly the opposite, I can not stay silent. Saying that someone should take medication is such a lighthearted comment. Any insults that came after that, are such huge overreactions here.

If you start complaining about me and accusing me of pointless things again, first explain how calling Stefan disgraceful was NOT an insult.

Ganging up on someone is also weird. So many insults. Why? Can't you make any positive posts? Discuss strategies, post jokes or something. All I have seen are collective insults against one or another person.

Edit: Also Jesus has said in another post that the randomness of the card game is broken and he has used it in games to his advantage. Obviously for testing purposes, I imagine. To me, it is the same situation. There should not be a flame war after each bug report.